Virgin Mobile launches budget-friendly LG Tribute, refreshes Unlimited service plans

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Virgin Mobile has launched the LG Tribute, an Android-powered smartphone aimed at budget-conscious customers. Priced at $79.99, the device features a 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 4.5-inch display, 1 GB of RAM, 4 GB of internal storage, 4G LTE connectivity, 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and Full HD 1080p video recording, and runs Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat.

The carrier has also refreshed its Unlimited service plans that range from $20 to $55 per month. The $20 plan now gets you 300 voice minutes with unlimited text, but no cellular data (Wi-Fi access only). For $35 users can choose between two packages: unlimited voice, text, and 250MB of high-speed data; or 300 minutes of talk time, unlimited texting, and up to 2.5GB of high-speed data.

Then there are $45 and $55 plans that get you unlimited talk and text, and 1GB or 3GB of high-speed data, respectively. Both plans offer unlimited international texting and 100 minutes of international calling.

Virgin Mobile is also offering a $5 per month add-on that gets you unlimited international text and calling to landlines in Mexico and Canada, and a $10 per month add-on that includes all features of the previously mentioned add-on, plus 1,000 calling mobile calling minutes to Mexico, as well as reduced mobile/landlines rates to more than 200 destinations.

Permalink to story.

Iv used the virgin mobile 35$ plan for 2 years and it is terrible terrible terrrrrrrrible. Iv been paying back student loans sticking to this horrid service.

I have to walk outside to make phone calls. My internet speeds are far worse then 56k and it takes a few seconds to a min to send a text.

Whats worse is I just spent 50$ for my insurance deductible to replace my phone and the new phone is a galaxy s2. The s2 has a dual core 1.2 ghz, for 30$ more I could have got that quad core phone.

Back