Virtual Memory issues, browser crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is a malware/virus issue or what, but I'm hopeful that if it isn't, you wonderful people can point me in the correct direction.

I'm a Chrome user and it has started crashing once/twice daily, and I get numerous "Virtual Memory warning" messages. Chrome has a HIGH rate of crashing when I've got Gmail open in one tab.

As for Firefox, it also stalls out. Biggest issue is about a 5 min freeze upon first opening the browser.

My comp is old, but it really just needs to handle basic internet tasks. If it continues freezing and stalling on me, it's going to end up on fire in the front of my yard. HELP!

Welcome FlyAwayMort
You do have some issues that need to be fixed in the hijackthis log. Are you running 2 antivirus programs, Mcafee and Avast? You should install and run only 1 antivirus program at a time...

Lets run the ESET online scanner first:

Eset On-line Scanner

Thanks, TMagic!

There "should" only be one anti-virus program, Avast. I uninstalled McAfee months, if not years, ago. It was a factory install, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But McAfee is nowhere in my Add/Remove list.

I ran the ESET scanner. First, I ran it in Chrome, which required a download. I ran it a second time in IE. There were no issues found. I wasn't given an option to save a log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back