Virus identified JS/Downloader.Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
could anybody please help me by resolving this problem. I am getting a pop by AVG when i open interner explorer or yahoo masenger.

Pop indicates

Threat detected!
File name: u.asdafdgfgf.com/ads.js
Threat name: Virus identified JS/Downloader.Agent

praveen,

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of praveen only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

avglog

hi Blind Dragon ,

how can we get log files.I have scaned my system through avg but haven't identified any virus.while i open internet explorer the avg pop up.

Did you follow this link https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

If you did the programs generate logs for you.

To attach the logs that the various programs generate simply click the paper clip looking Icon above your reply, navigate to the log that was saved on your computer and attach it

The AVG log is not AVG anti virus, but AVG anti-spyware here are some detailed instructions that wouldn't fit into the preliminary removal instructions.

AVG Anti Spyware
  • Download and install the latest version of AVG Anti Spyware
  • Click Save File on the box that pops up after clicking the link
  • The AVG installer will download to your desktop, Double click on this Icon
  • In the installer Click Next, I agree, Next, Install, after it extracts the files, check box to launch AVGAS then Finish
  • With the program launched, Select the Icon at the top that says UPDATE then Start Update in the left pane
  • Now select the Icon at the top that says SHIELD then at the top of the left pane change "Resident Shield is ..." from Active to Inactive
  • Click on the Scanner Icon at the top, then select the settings tab, in the first section "How to act?" click on recommended actions and change it to delete.In the reports section make sure it is set to Automatically generate report after every scan
  • Click back to the Scan tab and select Complete System Scan

hi Dragon,

iam using avg 8.0. when i scan my system its showing clean. The problem is when i open internet explorer some times i am getting a AVG pop and the pop is like as i shown in attachment.Please go through attachment onec

OK. First of all only use internet explorer if you absolutely have to: Here are 2 more secure browsers to choose from
1)Firefox -> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
2)Opera -> http://www.opera.com/

Next,
I don't know what you have and what you don't have as you haven't followed instructions and posted logs. After logs are posted I will know exactly you have.

I am guessing your Java is out of date as J/Sdownloader will usually exploit an old Java version. But I don't know for sure until I can see logs. So please just make your way through the preliminary removal instructions. Skip the AVG part if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back