Vista and DLink wireless router issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementofice

Ok so here is my situation. For the past year I've been using a Windows Xp laptop and connecting to the internet using my Dlink (DL-524) wireless router. Connection was fine and speeds were pretty fast. I recently got a Windows Vista laptop and connected to the internet in the same way. After connecting, I found out that download speeds were much slower, I had connection lag while playing online games, web pages loaded slower than on the xp laptop. I tried st both wireless and lan through an ethernet cable but both were just as slow. I heard that there might be a compatibility issue with Dlink routers and Windows Vista or something? Is there anything I can do to fix my internet connection on my Vista laptop? Keep in mind all connections/speeds on my other xp laptop/computers are fine. It's just this vista laptop that is having trouble.

I have the exact same performance issues described as well. DI-524 rev A...have the latest available firmware 1.23. Maybe the router is just too old to be 100% compatible with vista? I don't use my laptop for online gaming just mainly surfing the web but its still quite annoying. My old DELL XP wireless was twice as fast :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back