Vista created xtra folder for normal user acct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought this computer and it came with Vista installed. Let's not get into the fact that I haven't been able to get my PCLOS installed yet. Let me just explain how, after I created the Administrator account and a regular account for myself, I had the one folder with my name on it for all the documents, downloads, blah blah blah. I hated the UAC so I disabled it and today when I logged in and was looking through my folders I saw that there was ANOTHER folder there with my name and _2 after it. I clicked on it but I got the message that I didn't have permission to access that folder.
I logged out and back in as Administrator and opened that folder to find that it was IDENTICAL to my normal one. ??
Then...while trying to download some things that I KNOW were normal, complete files, I get the message that there was nothing in the files when the program they were for tried to open them. I even saved the files to disk and then tried to open them from the program menu. Same message.
WHAT is going on?
Granted, I have never used Vista before and if this is the kind of crap people have been screaming about, I may just format it into oblivion before the weekend is out.
Does anyone know what might be causing these events?

Many thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back