Vista nVidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, i've downloaded the latest Forceware drivers for Windows Vista off of the nVidia website, but when i go to install them i get a message saying "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I have a GeForce4 MX 420 card and i'm pretty sure i downloaded the right file. Is there a way to get the latest drivers? All i can think of is downloading the Windows XP ones and running them in compatibility mode but i'm not sure if that would be the best of ideas or not.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

that's the one i downloaded.

going by the hints page, should i try closing avg and try the installation again? there's nothing in my remove programs list under nVidia so that should be ok. this would be the first set of drivers that i've downloaded and installed on this os.

Your card isn't supported by nVidia. You're going to need a modded INF file to get the drivers to install. Try v100.65 from HERE.

Otherwise the modded beta drivers from HERE should install.

it should be supported by nVidia because it's one of their gpu's and i've downloaded drivers from their site when i was on windows xp but i'll try what you said anyway. thanks.

The problem might be (as peterdiva might be pointing out) your card isn't even fully DirectX 8 compatable and Vista Home Premium really wants DirectX 9 or better even though it will work with lower. Your card isn't in the supported list for the 100.65s.

nVidia really stopped focusing on the 4 series a long time ago, somewhere still in the Detonator series of drivers probably. So I can see why you might have some issues installing new drivers.

ah. i found the bit about the 4 series etc. that'd be it then :D

thanks, i might have to look at newer cards then, to get a proper "vista experience"

thanks for the link :grinthumb

is there another set of drivers that i should download instead because i tried the ones from laptopvideo2go.com and they came up with the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back