Vista Ultimate OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamenNoodles

Hey all,

I have a question about an OEM OS.

I bought Vista Ultimate OEM at a computer show. I installed it on my home computer over replacing it from Windows XP Media Center.

I reinstalled XP because I dont really like Vista that much. I want to give it to someone what or sell it on ebay.

Basically is it possible for me to pass it on to another person or is it stuck to my computer. It no longer is installed so I dont see why there would be a problem.

Ok, no one has still answered my question... Can you put an OEM copy of Vista onto another computer if it already has been installed onto a computer

And how would I auction it off on Techspot?

Yes...

That depends if you registered it or not which would harm your chances of wanting to sell it on ebay...

But if you installed it and it was activated, chances are next time somone installs it and activates it on a differnt computer its going to say you have a bad COA, however this is fixed with a quick call to microsoft giving you a new installation ID.

Thats not really a big deal. Is it against rules of Techspot to offer it to anyone to purchase it? Just asking so dont go flaming me if its not acceptable to take "bids" or offers for the Vista Ultimate OEM

Or why don't you just keep it, and see if you think Vista has became good enough to use by SP1. Chances are pretty high that you will be running Vista at some point in the future, might as well keep your copy so you won't have to buy one in the future.

Thanks Howard. Good call before asking for offers.

But as for Ultimate. I dont really have a need for it. I just would like professional or something. I dont need the full OEM install copy, I would rather just sell my Ultimate and purchase an upgrade. That way i dont have to go through the process of backing up all my data again and having to install new drivers for all my parts.

BTW which upgrade of Vista suits best with XP Media Center?

Yeah

Home Premium is probably your best bet since it has media center in it, but also think about this, if you do decide to do the upgrade path in the future you still may have to do a fresh install especially if you do the 64bit option which is probably a good idea anyways. Windows Vista does not like to be upgraded from XP very well and it says so right on the box that you may need to do a complete reinstall for some versions anyways i.e. 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back