Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

I don't have any clue what would cause this, or what did cause it. I have the Logitech ClearChat Wireless headset. It has an on/off switch, a mute button for the built-in mic, and up/down volume controls. Well, something's happened with the volume controls, now when I click them and a program window is open, it closes it. Eithe up or down, it appears to be acting as an ALT+F4 macro button. I would have posted this on the logitech forums, but I can't sign in, even though I'm using the right email and password, it won't let me.

This is really frustrating, because sometimes I listen to music in the broswer and I use the volume controls on the headset, and now using them closes the browser window, or windows media player, whatever window is open and focused gets closed when the buttons get pressed.

Someone PLEASE help me figure out this problem! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: it turns out all the control buttons on my keyboard are malfunctioning also. I mean the volume control buttons, play/pause next/previous media item, favorite buttons, music, broswer, zoom, etc keyboard shortcuts, they all try to shut down the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back