VPN on a Westell modem/router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, all. I hope this is worth a new post, I've done some searching on the site and haven't found anything to answer my question.

I have Verizon DSL with a Westell 327w modem/router. I just recently brought a laptop home from work and need to connect via VPN. I have the firewall activated, and the only setting I can use to get in via VPN is Low security or None, both of which make me more than a little nervous. I have a custom setting file that I normally use, but have not been able to find the correct ports I need to allow me access. I have already allowed port 1723.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You should ask your work IT people what the minimum firewall configuration for your VPN is. Different soutions have different features that require different ports open.

First of all you are vague on what type of VPN client you are using and what type of VPN gate you are attempting to log into. Each one is a little bit different as is the ports that need to be open. If you are using just the client it more than likely would be a firewall preventing you from logging on. In order to assist you I need more info.

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back