Warning! Potention Spyware Operation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post so if someone could please help me. I usually run a regular web search w/any problems but I realized it's a bigger issue than I thought. These are the current programs I currently run:

EZ Antivirus, EZ Antispy, Zonealarm, Regcure, Windows Defender

So these are my problems...

Annoying pop up every 3 min or so..."Warning! Potential spyware operation!..click YES to download spyware remover..." blah, blah, blah...I ran EZ antivirus but no luck, ran ez antivirus and no luck...ran some other antispy and it did remove a lot of tracking cookies and other items so I realized that my EZ antivirus is worth sh*t so I guess I'm going to delete it. It did not however fix the pop up.

When I open ie my home page is changed. I changed it numerous times but it goes back to it (google.com)

I cannot open my control panel. The operation cancels w/the following message:
"The operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator"

I opened regedit.exe, navigated to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load and deleted all the Values whose data value was set to "no" (2 keys). Why? Because I followed these instructions from another website but it did not work.

I ran regcure a couple times. It's supposed to clean my registry and fix any problems but nothing has changed. I'm guessing the problem has to be in my registry. I guess this damn malware hides really good.

Finally, ie acts weirdly. My security settings seems to change, the activex controls don't seem to work.

I downloaded highjackthis & avg antispy but not the other programs. I will if I have to.

I'm frustrated. So anyone please help.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of Ruffles6969 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Please be sure and follow through with the malware cleanup. Your browser has been hijacked and the problem with the Control Panel can happen as a result of the Zlob family of viruses. It's a particularly nasty family of viruses that takes quite a few steps to resolve.

Anti-viruses programs are only as good as their updates and configuration. Scans must be done regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back