Watch Dogs' hefty PC specifications reveal game will be 64-bit only

Scorpus

Staff member

watch dogs ubisoft pc gaming 64-bit specifications

As the next generation of game consoles begins, it's time for PC gamers to prepare for a significant hike in game specifications. Ubisoft recently posted, but then removed the PC specifications for their upcoming title Watch Dogs, revealing some hefty system requirements.

Watch Dogs requires a 64-bit operating system and a DirectX 11-capable graphics card, which is reasonably rare at the moment, but is sure to be the case with many next-gen cross-platform games. Ubisoft lists miniumum specifications as a quad-core CPU (such as the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600), a GPU with 1 GB of VRAM (such as the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460), 4 GB of RAM and 20 GB of hard drive space.

If you want to run the game on higher settings, Ubisoft recommends an eight-core CPU, a graphics card with 2 GB of VRAM, and 8 GB of RAM. To play Watch Dogs at Ultra settings, you'll reportedly need something close to a GeForce GTX 670 and Intel Core i7-3930K in your PC.

With relatively high recommended system requirements, Watch Dogs is either going to push gaming PCs to the limits with beautiful visuals, or it's going to be an unoptimized PC port. With Ubisoft at the helm we're not really sure what to expect, but judging by early screenshots and a new engine (Disrupt) being used, hopefully it's visually impressive rather than a dodgy port.

Watch Dogs launches on November 19 for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U, and the game will also be available at both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One's launches of November 15 and November 22 respectively.

Permalink to story.

Kinda cool... but if the game runs on Xbox360/PS3, I wonder if the PC restrictions are artificial.

Phew...ULTRA settings here I come! Still can't play Rome II on Ultra though....=(

a DirectX 11-capable graphics card, which is reasonably rare at the moment
My two and a bit year old AMD HD5850 card states it supports DirectX 11. Was it 11.1/11.2 that was listed? As that would be rare.

I dont know man....lots of bloom and shadows but doesnt look impressive to me, just another increment on graphics...
give me better models and animations on characters, when are they gonna REALLY move like people

Watch Dogs is either going to push gaming PCs to the limits with beautiful visuals, or it's going to be an unoptimized PC port.
I'm leaning towards unoptimized PC port. Unfortunately, as much as I would like an optimized game, I doubt it's what we'll get.

Watch Dogs is either going to push gaming PCs to the limits with beautiful visuals, or it's going to be an unoptimized PC port.
I'm leaning towards unoptimized PC port. Unfortunately, as much as I would like an optimized game, I doubt it's what we'll get.

I thought I read somewhere the PC was the leading platform for this game. The first footage of the game was on a PC.

I thought I read somewhere the PC was the leading platform for this game. The first footage of the game was on a PC.
If that's true it's good news. But, I won't get my hopes up.

a DirectX 11-capable graphics card, which is reasonably rare at the moment
My two and a bit year old AMD HD5850 card states it supports DirectX 11. Was it 11.1/11.2 that was listed? As that would be rare.
I think he means that a 64-bit and DX11 minimum requirement is rare.

I dont know man....lots of bloom and shadows but doesnt look impressive to me, just another increment on graphics...
give me better models and animations on characters, when are they gonna REALLY move like people
Just going by the article image... look at the tree. These graphics look at least 3-4 years old.

720p 30fps no AA. HAHAHAHA. So much for next-gen, huh? ;)
I had everything planned for my ps4 purchase. But after reading these news and also learning that even though the ps4 is roughly 50% faster than the xbone, some devs are not that interested in making two different versions of the same game and thus, producing a standard version based o the slower machine, I shudder to think about what future of this next gen holds for us.
I may very well just get some high end 2014 gpu and never look back.

Yep, I'm holding out on PS4 too. It really needs to be at the stage where every game is native 1080p, or I really won't bother. My HTPC has i5 3570K in it so it's basically a gaming rig in the making. I'll pick up 'next-gen' when it drops to <$300 as part of a bundle, to catch up on exclusives ..

Well if a Q6600 is the minimum I am not worried I only have a dual core i5, but it out scores a stock clocked q6600 in every benchmark I have run so far. Graphics would be my largest worry, but I will have to wait and see, prob gonna get this late next year anyways, usually wait a few months before diving in anymore.

The fact it's coming on PS3 and 360 makes me think it's more likely to be a poorly optimised port than something amazing that will be making the most of the sys requirements.

Back