Watercooling pump posistion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaUcY

hey, i have a mid tower case with really no space for a watercooling pump/resivour. I figured the best thing i could do is mount the radiator and fan on the outside in the back and the pump/resivour right side up on the top of the case. i read its fine to mount the pump in any angle just make sure the inlet of the pump is always being fed liquid but my question is...... does it matter where the pump is mounted in relation of the cooling block? (my case: above the whole system) thanks.

I dont think it really matters as long as the water is being circulated properly.

Very long pipe runs are probably your only concern in my opinion. Ive never owned a water cooling system in my life! i have fitted several hundred central heating systems though :)

Hope this helps!

Just get a Swiftech H20-120 kit... it combines the water pump with the CPU waterblock and the Radiator with the Reservoir. I have one in my Mid-tower case and it works great! The kit uses 3/8 size noprene tubing and comes with the coolant. All you need is distilled water and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back