Wednesday tech deals: $300 off Alienware desktop with Core i7, dual-GPUs, and liquid cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Alienware Core i7 Quad Core 3.36GHz Liquid-Cooled PC for $1,599 + $9 s&h

Dell Home offers the Alienware Aurora Desktop PC in Cosmic Black (pictured) or Lunar Shadow for $1,599 plus $9 for shipping. That's $300 off list and the lowest total price we've seen for this loaded configuration. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features an overclocked Intel Core i7-930 3.36GHz quad-core processor, 6GB of RAM, a 1.5TB hard drive, a Blu-ray player / DVD burner, dual ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB video cards, Gigabit Ethernet, Alienware Liquid Cooling, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Deal ends July 15.

Five more tech deals after the jump.

Samsung SyncMaster 24" 1080p LCD Display for $170 + free shipping

Dell Home offers the Samsung SyncMaster 24" LCD Monitor, model no. 2494LW, for $169.99. With free shipping, that's $2 under a deal from last week and the lowest total price we could find by $20. (We briefly saw it for $5 less in May, since expired.) Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 300 cd/m² brightness, 5ms response time, both DVI and VGA inputs, and more.

Microsoft Arc Wireless Laser Mouse for $20 + free shipping

Today only, Dell Home offers the Microsoft Arc Wireless Laser Mouse in Eggplant Purple (pictured), model no. ZJA-00023, or Deep Olive Green, model no. ZJA-00025, for $19.99. With free shipping, that's tied with a deal from May and the lowest total price we could find for this mouse in any color now by $18. Sales tax is added where applicable. This 4-button mouse features a folding design, snap-in USB micro transceiver, and more.

Also, Meritline.com offers the OEM Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 for $8.99 after coupon code "MLCK174245062331AL1". It features a no-frills ambidextrous design, three buttons, and more.

Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard for $30 + free shipping

Lenovo offers its Multimedia Remote with Keyboard, model no. 57Y6336, for $59.99. Apply coupon code "USPCJN36336" to drop it to $29.99. With free shipping, it's a $6 drop from a discount spotted last week and tied for the lowest total price we've seen for this remote. It's a current price low by $24. Sales tax is added where applicable. This is a 2.4GHz wireless keyboard with built-in trackball, suitable for an HTPC.

Dell Inspiron 15 Core i3-equipped Laptop for $500 + $9 s&h

Dell Home cut its price on the 5.8lb Dell Inspiron 15 in Obsidian Black to $499.99 with $9 for shipping. That's $70 below a deal from two weeks ago and the lowest total price we've seen for a Core i3-equipped Inspiron 15. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 15.6" 1366x768 LED-backlit LCD, an Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz dual-core processor, 3GB of RAM, a 250GB HDD, a dual-layer DVD burner, 802.11g wireless, a 1.3-megapixel webcam, a six-cell battery, 2GB of Dell Online Backup for one year, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Deal ends August 12.

Mandarina Duck 13" Laptop Sleeve for $10 + free shipping

At Dell Home, search for "A2166986" to find the Mandarina Duck 13" Notebook Sleeve in Black, model no. DE9C11001, for $10. With free shipping, that's $40 off list and the least expensive Mandarina Duck laptop sleeve we've seen by far. Similar laptop sleeves costs $55 or more direct from Mandarina Duck. Sales tax is added where applicable.

Permalink to story.

i've priced alienware computers a few times since 2006 and every time they seem way overpriced for the parts they offer.

A pair of 5670's in Crossfire? That sounds completely gutless for the cost. I hope consumers aren't being suckered in by that.

DokkRokken said:
A pair of 5670's in Crossfire? That sounds completely gutless for the cost. I hope consumers aren't being suckered in by that.

This is one of those presents that a well meaning relative gets you, and on one hand you're super excited to get it, and also incredibly annoyed that they could have spent the same amount of money for a much better computer had they asked you first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back