Weekend Open Forum: Games to play during the holiday season?

Justin Kahn

Even with all of the hectic traveling, family visits and last minute shopping many of us end up with at least a few days of time off. I tend to catch up on some movies and video games I haven’t had a chance to get to just yet.

Fallout 4 has somehow escaped my attention thus far, but that won’t last much longer. I'll definitely be putting some hours into that over the holidays in between family visits and dinners. No spoilers, please :).

While I normally don’t gravitate to these types of games, something is drawing me towards the mindless destruction of Just Cause 3. I’m really trying to wait until it drops down in price a bit, but I might need to pull the trigger sooner just because it looks like so much fun. Rainbow Six Siege has me interested as well, even if just for a short blast through it.

So how about you? Time to put some new hardware through its paces? Do you have a game or two you have eyed for playing in the coming days?

Permalink to story.

I bought a GTX 970 a couple of months ago and I'm catching up to my backlog.

Already beat Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman Arkham City GOTY and Batman Arkham Origins.

Next game on the list is Crysis 3 and after that maybe another AC (I have them all), Sleeping Dogs, Mafia II or Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Candy Crush...Level 1218. It has taken 27 months.

Nothing new on hand...gotta wait for those premium games to reach $29

I love capitalism

I will be playing BF4 after picking up the premium edition on the cheap! Not much else though, too much going on this time of year.

I'm busy playing the only 2016 game that I have, Assassins Creed Syndicate. Damn! The loading screens take forever and that's with it installed on a SSD, I shudder to think how console users are coping with it on their wheezy consoles.

Life is Strange for me on Xbox One, two episodes left. Just bought Grew Home on PC, which is pretty annoying, but fun. Maybe I will buy Star Wars Battlefront, it's 26.66 USD on the mexican Origin store. I had a blast with the beta and the Early Access. And Diablo III. :)

I've been playing Battlefront, Anno 2070 and finally decided to play through Crysis 2. I have free time now so I can finish the games I've owned all this time. I'll get back into playing CoD multiplayer once I've had enough of Battlefront.

I am going to buy either Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 over the Holiday Season. I''ll buy Anno 2205 as well.

I've been playing a lot of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 lately. I finished a playthrough of Mass Effect 3 last week and have to complete Mass Effect as well since I'm near the end. The holiday break will be a good time to check some of the games in my GOG library as well as some old classics (Descent and Descent II Rebirth).

Back