Weekend Open Forum: How many games do you own?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

We’ve featured multiple video game-related questions here throughout the years but surprisingly enough, we’ve never asked how many games you actually own. Some people tend to hang on to every game they have bought while others typically trade up to a new system each cycle and send last generation’s games packing.

open forum games

I personally have 11 PC titles and about half a dozen Xbox 360 games. I’ve got another eight games on my mobile phone and probably 10-12 on my iPad for a total of 30 or so. The count would be much higher but I’ve fallen victim to trading in games for next to nothing over the years. I likely lost 50-60 titles this way dating back to the original NES.

Whether it is on the PC, your favorite gaming console or a mobile device, we want to hear (roughly) how many games you currently own.

Permalink to story.

Steam says I have 129 games. I imagine that number is more like 115 unique games or so. That is just on Steam, I have maybe a couple dozen hard copy PC games, and maybe half a dozen games each on Origin, D2D, Games for Windows, etc

40 or so Xbox 360 games... 2 Wii games, 8 or so N64 games, 2 SNES games, 1 NES game, I use to have much more of the latter three console games, but I have sold or just gotten rid of them over the years.

I have 285 steam games and i haven't bought a new game in about a month. i been slowing down on the games i buy.

I have hundreds... I refuse to count... No longer retain my old collection on SNES... still have a NES at my parents... with over 10 titles... I gave my N64 and SNES to my younger brother... big mistake... nothing lasted... over 30 Wii titles, over 60 PS2 titles, 2 PS One, over 30 XBox 360, 3 XBox, 15 DSi, over 60 PS3, over 100 PC titles digital download and Disc together... that is an under estimate... gosh I had to take most of them out of box/case and place them in folders...

I have 400+ games on Steam (not including DLC), 55 on GOG and handle full here and there from other digital distribution outlets. I have around 30 games on physical media and around 200 iPhone games (90% which were free).

The worst part is one would think I'm a huge gamer because of the above, but I'm more of a collector. For every game I MIGHT finish, I will have purchased another 10. The worst part are the Steam sales of 75%+ off - I mean for $5 what's there too loose when games come out at $50-60.

I'm slowly coming to realise I might be better off buying that new game for $60 and playing it now, rather than buying lots of cheaper games where I only play the odd one. It wouldn't be much of a financial gain, but I would feel I'm getting more use out of my money. I'm also trying to only focus on must have titles as opposed to merely good and decent games.

I don't have time to play and finish all the great games, let alone all the good ones as well.

How many do I own? Probably 0 according to the producers of the games (for PCs that is).

For consoles, I probably have 60+, but that is over everything from Wii down to NES in the nintendo line, a few atari 2600 games and a few orig xbox.

Steam: 118
Consoles: ~100 (NES, SNES, N64,, GC, Wii, PS1/2/3, Xbox/360, Gameboy, DS)
Mobile: ~20
---------------
Total: ~238 games. More or less.

Maybe over 300 nintendo games over the years since the gameboy advance. Now I have like 20 PC games.

I don't even want to take a look, mostly because if I start to look i'll start to think about how much I've spent on them over the years. This much I will say... For systems I've owned all of Nintendo's excluding the hand helds, Playstation 1&2, Xbox&360, Dreamcast, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 2600/5600, Sega Genesis, I think there is another one but I can't remember. Now as far as PC's go. Going back to my commodore 64, 286, 386, Pentium, PII, blah blah blah.... to current. The thing is I still have all of the console systems and games boxed up. I have no fewer than 20 games for each system. Along with all of the PC games I've ever owned. Yes that includes the 5 1/4 floppy's. Well so much for not thinking about it... :(

I have a lot of PC, PS2 and PSP games and some PSX games and some hentai games (does that count? :p) . Too much to count but I'm sure I have most of PS2 and PSP games released to date and a huge collection of PC games since I only own 3 systems now. I plan to buy a PS3 and PSVita next maybe a 3DS too.

50+ PC games (not steam linked)
50+ Steam games
15+ of each: 360, ps2, gamecube, n64, sega genesis
~10 Wii and ~10 gameboy anything

And maybe 10 mobile if you want to count that...

I have several hundred if not into the thousands if you count all my old consoles and games. I never get rid of any of my stuff... I just pack it away and hold it as part of my "Sick Collection." I've been gaming pretty hardcore since the late 70's

PC-338 (112 Steam)
Xbox 360-98
PS3-54
Wii-12
Xbox-84
N64-41
Gameboy-18
NES-30 (11 dont work)

Total=675
Give or take a few I couldn't find

A. desktop/laptop games
blizzard games:
stacraft battlechest
diablo 2 battlechest
starcraft 2 wol starter edition (don't laugh :), i'll buy the battlechest when it's offered)

popcap games:
zuma deluxe (installed when offered as a free time-limited download)

steam:
half-life

pacman and ms pacman (coded for windows 95 by james rowan aka JROK via DosBox 0.72 on windows 7 x64)

B. Nokia 5320 XM Phone
spore

Off the record, one original copy of Dead Space 2 for Windows. The rest, well it came from torrents (A total of 250 titles for the PC). :(

Gah... The games in the picture aren't organized by series... *Cringe*

Total? Downloaded and Physical? Well I have games on my Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy DS, Playstation, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Sega Saturn, WIndows Phone, iPhone 3GS. That being said? I'd estimate at least 200. Keep in mind, at least. Probably more.

C= 64 games i have over two thousand easily
C= Amiga games over two thousand easily
Intellivision games i have 17
PC games about 700 (including steam titles and retail discs and other digital purchases)
NINTENDO DS about 400
NINTENDO 64 about 100
SEGA Mega drive and such about 800-1000 or more i lost count

To be honest i have lost count and if i added MAME then yeh it would jump a substantial amount, do i play them well i have played vast majority of them the ones i don't play were either not my cup of tea or i got caught up in others, this list is without the games i have sold in the past 25 yrs plus of gaming i haven't accounted for.

Started gaming when i was 9 i am now 36.

I have about 30 Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS3 games. The new games I buy I usually sell on ebay within a few weeks of release so I can recoup some of the outrageous 63.99 these games cost with tax. For several of the games I own and keep I buy used for 10-15$ on ebay or amazon. For you devs and publishers out there who want to scoff at my used games selling and buying, just blame yourself because you priced yourself out of competition for your own used games. And don't worry if the next generation consoles don't allow used games I won't be upgrading.

Back