Weekend Open Forum: What Black Friday deals are you eyeballing this year?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

open forum black wof weekend open forum

Black Friday is just one week away at this point and if you haven’t already checked out some of the preview ads, let me be the first to tell you that there are some really amazing deals on electronics and gadgets this year.

There’s not really anything I need this year although if I were in the market for a new television, I’d certainly shoot for the 65-inch Samsung LED set that’s only $999 at Best Buy. There are also some excellent deals on smartphones, digital cameras, gaming accessories and budget notebooks to be had.

With that said, what are you planning to pick up on the cheap this year?

Permalink to story.

There's supposed to be a $90 32" hi def tv at walmart's black friday sale that I might get. I know you're supposed to buy the 38", but I don't have room and how can you go wrong for $90?

I might see If I can get a big TV for less than $100 or a nice hard drive.

However that will be online ONLY. people are nuts to spend any amount of thanksgiving standing in line, or to spend thanksgiving night preparing to stand in line instead of spending time with friends/family.

Hupp hupp I need to start thinking about a new "from scratch" build in anticipation for Star Citizen, but as psycros mentioned, "Black November"/"Cyber week" as it is now is all well and fine... even some of the sales before Christmas can be good... but January clearance sales is where it's at~

I do want to update my RAID though so I'm in the market for five 2-3TB drives... I guess I'll watch out for those.

There's supposed to be a $90 32" hi def tv at walmart's black friday sale that I might get. I know you're supposed to buy the 38", but I don't have room and how can you go wrong for $90?

WHyyyyyyyy, It's going to be such a low end 32. You wanna be able to enjoy this tv and get somewhat of a decent picture out of it. spend a few extra bucks trust me.

1. inno3d gtx 760 2gb gddr5 256-bit listed at 14,260 pesos at pc express
hopefully, it will be available in any of the following branches: pc express cebu (jones avenue, cebu city) , pc express megamall (mandaluyong city, metro manila) , pc express shaw (mandaluyong city, metro manila), pc express sm-moa (mall of asia, pasay city, metro manila)

2. samsung T24C350
23.6" series 3 gaming led monitor:
1920x1080 full hd resolution, 2ms response time, listed at 11,990 pesos (philippines)
already listed at a local retailer (2-hour drive), hopefully be made available before december 6, 2013.

planning to go to cebu two weeks from now and/or to metro manila three weeks from now.

if all goes well, I will have complete my gaming rig with those two last items.
(asrock z77 extreme4, intel i5-3570k, 2x8gb ddr3-1600 gskill, intel hd 4000, seasonic m12 II 650w bronze, windows 8.1 pro wmc x64, and generic keyboard/mouse:D )
-misor (I forgot my password :) )

I'm gonna buy an i7 4770k CPU for $79 from Intel (Retail edge program), will get a free Asus mobo from their store as well with chips I have accumulated from e-learning! Now that's a deal :D

The only hardware I really want right now is the Dell Venue 8 Pro, and I would have to import it, and it's not stable enough for me to take that chance. I do wish to be in the US during Black Friday one of these days, to experience the real craze, but it likely won't happen.

Black Friday sounds like some horror movie Must be an American shopping phenomenon as I have never heard of it in England!

I've been putting off my gaming rig upgrade for a year this year. waiting for i7 3770K with an Asrock Extreme 6 Z77mobo to go on sale. so far the most I've seen 3770K go on sale for is $10 off, hardly a deal. if the pre-black friday deal from newegg this year is any indication, I might just put off the upgrade even longer until next year.

Black Friday sounds like some horror movie Must be an American shopping phenomenon as I have never heard of it in England!
And you are far better off that way. The idea that I would spend thanksgiving, a pretty darned big holiday, standing in line to buy any sort of product is insane. Especially now that deals start thanksgiving evening.

I've been putting off my gaming rig upgrade for a year this year. waiting for i7 3770K with an Asrock Extreme 6 Z77mobo to go on sale. so far the most I've seen 3770K go on sale for is $10 off, hardly a deal. if the pre-black friday deal from newegg this year is any indication, I might just put off the upgrade even longer until next year.

I've got the i7 3770k on a Asus P8Z77-V PRO and that cpu is freaking awesome, I get insane price for working retail, got the cpu for $100 last year but even at $320 is a great deal.

I've got the i7 3770k on a Asus P8Z77-V PRO and that cpu is freaking awesome, I get insane price for working retail, got the cpu for $100 last year but even at $320 is a great deal.

lucky you.

I am planning on doing massive overclock on my customized 4x120mm water rig with a industry pump. so 4770K is out of question for me. 3770K clocks way better. it just sucks that it seems so far this year's holiday pre black friday deals don't have any of the components I want on sale. ie. 3770K, Asrock Z77 Extreme 6.

You know how many people I hear say that and something goes wrong with it. I always tell people like that to just a spend a few extra bucks and they never listen. Two months or a year later, theyre kicking themselves in the *** because they didn't listen to that one guy. If you're going to bother looking online to shop for something, at least take the extra time to compare specs, customer reviews, and try to find a live working version. Besides, if you limit yourself to one item, then in the end, you're just cutting your own throat.

If you're going to bother looking online to shop for something, at least take the extra time to compare specs, customer reviews, and try to find a live working version.
I do and when I started paying attention to ratings, I started finding dead crap. I just recently RMA'd a set of memory modules that hold a 5 star rating with Newegg. The modules were to replace another well known good rated brand that I have been having issues with. I've not had any better experience since I have started paying attention to the ratings. In fact, I never had to RMA products until I started paying attention to the product ratings. Don't ask me why, because I don't have an answer as to why.

I do and when I started paying attention to ratings, I started finding dead crap. I just recently RMA'd a set of memory modules that hold a 5 star rating with Newegg. The modules were to replace another well known good rated brand that I have been having issues with. I've not had any better experience since I have started paying attention to the ratings. In fact, I never had to RMA products until I started paying attention to the product ratings. Don't ask me why, because I don't have an answer as to why.
Well, I suppose everyone's experience is different. But, I would rather review something that's been out long enough for someone else to test so I know what I'm getting myself into too. When I look at reviews, I skip to the worst reviews, because yeah, you could review the best, but then you're not preparing yourself for the what could potentially happen. Like a wise man once said, why make the mistakes, when you can learn from someone else's. And you always want to check the specs, even if you want to test it yourself, you still need to make sure you're getting the specs you want. As far as it being a new item on the market, when you buy it brand new out of the gate, it's an open battlefield, so just go with the flow.

Back