Spread the love! TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

Weekend Open Forum: What type of mouse pad do you use?

By Matthew · 64 replies
Nov 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Two realizations struck me while seeking a new mouse pad recently: 1) there's a lack of small plastic pads from major gaming accessory makers, and 2) folks take there mouse surfaces very seriously. On my journey, I found debates about...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 9,418   +3,434

3. Who uses mice anymore? I've used Kensington Trakballs for years! No bumping into things, running out of space. No pad needed. No carpal tunnel. Etc, etc.

4. Greg S

Greg S TechSpot Staff Posts: 988   +422

I use a logitech mx anywhere mouse, and I don't need any mouse pad. I just use whatever is next to my laptop. Sometimes the arm of a recliner, sometimes the glass table on my porch, sometimes just the carpet on the floor. It really does work well anywhere.

5. Jesse

Jesse TS Evangelist Posts: 358   +42

I haven't used a mousepad in 10 years.

EClyde and avoidz like this.
  6. colinf

colinf TS Enthusiast Posts: 47   +7

Razer sphex

paper thin,easy to clean and works perfect with my Mionix mouse

7. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 611   +94

Xtrac Ripper pads work really well for both my MX518 and Razor Mumba. so well that I ordered more of it.

8. Trechie

Trechie TS Member Posts: 18   +14

With a laser mouse, you don't need a mousepad. My mousepad is now my coaster for hot tea.

EClyde likes this.
  9. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 551   +171

My trackball mice requires no mouse pad, bought my friend a rocketfish one for him to game on, he liked it, bought a Saitek cyborg one for a gaming mouse I have but never really use the mouse anymore.

10. KbloodyK

KbloodyK TS Member Posts: 24

I have a Logitech M505 wireless mouse, and my mousepad is an old tee-shirt sleeve.

11. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TS Booster Posts: 322   +65

I did a great deal of experimentation, trying to find a mouse pad that suits my particular gaming habits. In the end, I settled for the bare surface of my desk: it has just the right amount of grain and texture to support a precise aim when I need it; and is, at the same time, smooth enough to permit quick and steady turns.

prismatics likes this.
  12. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

Current an old Goliathus mousemat, Speed I think? I haven't really worried about getting a new one since I swapped to using Mac/Playing less intense games that warrant a decent mousemat hehe.

13. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Evangelist Posts: 348   +124

Razor sphex..

14. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,246   +414

Also a Razer Vespula user love it!

15. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +113

I used to use Stay Free until that got too expensive then I just went to a generic brand.

Oh wait..you said mouse pad...

16. MajorSpacecase

MajorSpacecase TS Rookie

I use an 18"x24" Quilters 'Teflon Pressing sheet' (cleans right up with a damp cloth) held down with binder clips with my MX518 mouse. Even at the lowest DPI setting, I can do a 720º spin in no time, with room to spare. But I also have a 'Trackball' at my bedside for when I rotate my 22" monitor around to watch movies in bed.

17. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Guru Posts: 379   +6

Razer Goliathus Speed Edition :eek:

18. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

Still using my MX1000 laser mouse I picked up 7 years ago. (only mouse that fits my hand without cramping) Thing works great on any surface. Surprisingly, the battery still holds a charge for weeks.

19. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,682   +771

I use exactly what pad Matthew uses.

A 3M "Precise Mousing Surface." It's a small footprint - 7 x 8.5 inches, very thin - 0.02 inches and has an adhesive back to mount to my desk so it never slides around. Has always provided optimal response for whatever laser mouse I've used. In fact, I was in an OfficeMax about 6 months ago when they were on sale and I bought 5 of them. So guess I'll be using them forever now. :)

20. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 2,007   +661

Currently using a Corsair Vengeance MM200 Standard Gaming Mouse Mat.

21. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,262

Razer Goliathus Control Edition. Have a speed edition and a brushed aluminium plate also, but both tend to be a bit skittery with the Teflon mousefeet

22. Im using speed stacks stackmat thats 34.5" 12.5" lol

23. None, I got a Logitech Trackball.

24. My couch is my mouse pad I sit on it with the mouse along side at butt/legs level and im gaming away

im using logitech g9x

25. Porters

Porters TS Member

XD you can tell where I'm from (if you know much about UK stereotypes) I have a freebie mat with an advert on it for 'www.bagandbale.com'