Weekend Open Forum: What type of mouse pad do you use?

Matthew

Two realizations struck me while seeking a new mouse pad recently: 1) there's a lack of small plastic pads from major gaming accessory makers, and 2) folks take there mouse surfaces very seriously. On my journey, I found debates about...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50701-weekend-open-forum-what-type-of-mouse-pad-do-you-use.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Who uses mice anymore? I've used Kensington Trakballs for years! No bumping into things, running out of space. No pad needed. No carpal tunnel. Etc, etc.

Greg S

I use a logitech mx anywhere mouse, and I don't need any mouse pad. I just use whatever is next to my laptop. Sometimes the arm of a recliner, sometimes the glass table on my porch, sometimes just the carpet on the floor. It really does work well anywhere.

howzz1854

Xtrac Ripper pads work really well for both my MX518 and Razor Mumba. so well that I ordered more of it.

GeforcerFX

My trackball mice requires no mouse pad, bought my friend a rocketfish one for him to game on, he liked it, bought a Saitek cyborg one for a gaming mouse I have but never really use the mouse anymore.

Dawn1113

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I did a great deal of experimentation, trying to find a mouse pad that suits my particular gaming habits. In the end, I settled for the bare surface of my desk: it has just the right amount of grain and texture to support a precise aim when I need it; and is, at the same time, smooth enough to permit quick and steady turns. [/FONT]

Reactions: prismatics

Coodu

Current an old Goliathus mousemat, Speed I think? I haven't really worried about getting a new one since I swapped to using Mac/Playing less intense games that warrant a decent mousemat hehe.

Darkshadoe

I used to use Stay Free until that got too expensive then I just went to a generic brand.

Oh wait..you said mouse pad...

I use an 18"x24" Quilters 'Teflon Pressing sheet' (cleans right up with a damp cloth) held down with binder clips with my MX518 mouse. Even at the lowest DPI setting, I can do a 720º spin in no time, with room to spare. But I also have a 'Trackball' at my bedside for when I rotate my 22" monitor around to watch movies in bed.

killeriii

Still using my MX1000 laser mouse I picked up 7 years ago. (only mouse that fits my hand without cramping) Thing works great on any surface. Surprisingly, the battery still holds a charge for weeks.

TomSEA

I use exactly what pad Matthew uses.

A 3M "Precise Mousing Surface." It's a small footprint - 7 x 8.5 inches, very thin - 0.02 inches and has an adhesive back to mount to my desk so it never slides around. Has always provided optimal response for whatever laser mouse I've used. In fact, I was in an OfficeMax about 6 months ago when they were on sale and I bought 5 of them. So guess I'll be using them forever now. :)

dividebyzero

Razer Goliathus Control Edition. Have a speed edition and a brushed aluminium plate also, but both tend to be a bit skittery with the Teflon mousefeet

G

My couch is my mouse pad I sit on it with the mouse along side at butt/legs level and im gaming away

im using logitech g9x

Porters

XD you can tell where I'm from (if you know much about UK stereotypes) I have a freebie mat with an advert on it for 'www.bagandbale.com'