Weird backspace problem

MysterioMask

Im asking this for a friend, and i dont know exactly where else to post this so im posting this here but heres the problem.

There is an issue with the backspace key and keyboard in general, the computer is a gateway netbook, i dont currently know the model., but can find out. Whe the backspace key is pressed quickly, it will delete one letter as normal, then a moment later it rapidly continues to delete the entire line of text as if it is being held down . In addition when this glitching occurs, the mouse pad stops functioning as well and requires being reset using the function keys. The backspace key has been removed and cleaned as well as using compressed air to clean the keyboard in general. A virus scan turned up nothing. And the computer has been restarted. The next process i can thikn of is plugging in a seperate keybaord to see if it does the same thing. I am unsure as to what the problem might be right now, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

System restore seemed to fix the problem for now, so we are leaving it at that. Just the backspace key is having a hard time stayhing put now.

Back