Weird crash/hard reset on all games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtehrmo

Hello guys, im a pc enthusiast, fixing computers and such, and like all of us in our lifes will stumble on one problem that we just do not know how to fix. Here is mine:

Ive had my rig for almost a year, custom built, specs at the bottom. A month ago my pc crashed while playing Bioshock,(lmfao, yes, surprise surprise) But it was a crash that would go black, then gave me a message on my monitor saying No Video Connection, while the game sound kept playing, followed by the sound screweing up and looping. I tried all sorts of fixes, from driver updates, to cleaning the fans in case of overheating. It disappeared for a while but tonight its back, with a vengeance. It happens on all my games, some while im playing, and with STEAM games it crashes after its launched and its about to show the main menu. Same crash, same symptomes. I tried everything else that i did the first time but no luck. Ive tried doing a google search but this prob is too complicated to search. Im hoping one of you has an idea of what could be wrong, and if you heard about similar problems before. Im hoping you guys can help me, for i have spent all available resources trying to figure this out. My speculation is that it could be a HD problem, or forbid, a Memory prob.

SPECS:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, ~2.2GHz
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) (incase its a dx prob)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS, 256mb
Sound Card: SB Live! 24-bit

"Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS, 256mb"... If I had a nickle for every problem post that contained the words "NVIDIA GeForce", I'd be a rich man.

Your power supply can cause this. You could try another one. The usual Nvidia cause is drivers. Have you checked for updated drivers? Is your system up to date with all the "critical updates" from Microsoft?

Did you do anything recently to affect this problem?

hmm, actually i think it is the powersupply. Thanks for reminding me. Its a 400 watt, so it could be a lack of power. Ill order a new one and see if its that.

thanks. and intalling the newest driver from nvidia hasnt done squat.

Use SUBCD for HDD/RAM checks, that's what I use at work. I've heard of that trouble too and myself would have to see the error in person. Googling might give you an answer (though I'm sure you've tried many keywords)...

What is SUBCD? I tried a Google search and only came up with someone's music CD for sale

I have it at work, will get an image for you and post it on my FTP when I can today. It's 2am here will post it around 12pm central time.

:chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back