Weird monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCool

I having an issue with dark colors on my monitor. It basically looks like they are going fuzzy sorta like tv channels do if you're getting bad reception with an antenna. I first thought this might be a driver problem/virus problem or something software related, but I hooked up my other lcd and had no problems. I'm now guessing that it is a monitor problem, and am hoping someone here can help me save my 19" lcd because I don't have money to buy another. It is a sony sdm-s81. Basically I want to know if it sounds like my monitor is just going out and there is nothing that can be done about it or if it sounds like something is just messed up somewhere and is fixable.

I just visited a web page with a very dark background and the entire page has this problem but within a few seconds it fades away and only remains on dark colored images. I also decided to check to see how bad this problem would effect any games I might play, and there was no effect at all. The game(call of duty 2) looked as beautiful as it ever has.

Thanks for all your help,

Tim

Ok, so I was wrong. I made it about 15 minutes into a cod2 game before I started getting the same fuzzy/static type look.

try lowering your refresh rate in windows, if it will go any lower (60 is the minimum)

lcd's that are going bad often exhibit strange behavior like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back