Inactive Wep Page freeze on loading - Trojan/spy suspected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul881

Hi,

I am using Win XP HE and has all M/soft updates. When I load a web page, it takes typically 20< secs to load. My d/l speed is 3Mb/sec.

I have followed the 7 steps carefully and have the logs but before I submit them I just wanted top sense check that maybe I'm being too optimistic in my expectctations. It just seems much slower to load than it used to.

I am using Avast Online scanner which I have used for some years and its automatically updated. I have seen the logs and on the attache.text file there are some error messages at the bottom but the Malware scan didn't find found anything.

I just wanted top sense check that maybe I'm being too optimistic in my expectations

I don't know what you consider "top sense"- nor do I know if you're being "too optimistic in my expectations" because I don't know what they are.

Understand that there are many reasons for 'slow'- malware is only one of them.

But if you would like help checking for malware, please paste n the logs that you ran from the preliminary steps.

And important:
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back