What can be the cause if my Asus ViviBook is taking long to load after switching on

The number one reason a PC is suddenly slow is a weak/failing hard drive, My fix is to backup data from the old drive and rebuild the OS on a fast SSD.

Hi,

May we get the specs for your VivoBook?
Hi.Nymsi

Processor: Intel(R) N4000 CPU @1.10GHz 1.10GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable)
Devise ID: 54DDDDD9-5FBC-405D-806A-1DEC096E9743
Prod ID: 00327-30836-62941-AAOEM
System tipe: 64-bit OS, 64-based processor
Pen and Touch: No pen and touch input is available for this display

Two questions: has it only just recently begun to start up slowly or has it always been this way? What size is the storage drive in the notebook?

These other questions are totally valid and I see how they have uncovered how your laptop was originally pretty slow (compared to other laptops). A bottom-of-the-pile CPU:

4GB of RAM is really small for Windows 10. Your laptop would create the memory it needs to operate on the hard drive and that would make your laptop feel slower too.

I stand by my SSD upgrade recommendation. If you choose a 250GB or 500GB Samsung Evo SATA SSD (2.5" form factor) they are really affordable these days (the 500GB model is right in the sweet spot). Samsung's Data Migration software will allow you to duplicate everything you have onto the new SSD. You should be able to find a guide on YouTube on how to replace the hard drive.

The number one reason a PC is suddenly slow is a weak/failing hard drive, My fix is to backup data from the old drive and rebuild the OS on a fast SSD.
Once I did tech support for a fellow that had a slow boot up and the pc wouldn't work after bootup. I turned out to be a virus so virulent that it would not allow me to restore the pc in any way or reformat the pc. I asked someone at this website and they gave me some information about a killdisk program which would wipe the hdd clean and allow reformat which it did. Anyway if you don't want to go through the agony of killdisk/reformat on a failing hdd, just do what Kshipper advises. SSD HDDs are cheap these days.

Back