What case fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory7

I dont have a case fan and i want one. Been looking around and so far its between a Vantec Tornado 80mm and a Thermaltake Smart Fan 2. I hear the Tornado is really good and keeping things cool but its incredibly loud. The Smart Fan has manual speed control or somthing, but im not sure wheather ill find since useful since ill have it on full blast anyway. Any recomendations as to which one to pick? Recomendations of any other models is also welcome.

Hey Rory7,

It's cool to have some british amongst us:D I didn't think there were any :( ....Well anyways, I have 2 Vantec Tornadoes and they make an incredible amount of noise but they're worth it. If you put your behind one you'll get blown away. haha............anyways you have a real nice system. But I dont understand why you need a tornado because the 9600XT keeps very cool, i've heard, a P4 2.66 shouldn't get too hot (unless you overclock). What's making the heat?
Well anyways the TORDADO is sweeeet, but unless it's compulsary dont get it.
The Vantec Stealth however is brilliant. An 80mm will give you 27cfm with only 21db!! The 120mm gives you a huge 53cfm for only 28db..hahaaaa. I think you can understand i like the stealth series.
Next, i highly recommend the vantec thermoflow's. I wanna get one. They're temperature controlled. Their lowest cfm's and db's are as loud and as good as the stealth's AND they go up to (quite a bit below) the tornado. In other words they are specified as being the fans netween the stealth and tornado. (Brilliant) Here is the Spec:

For the 80mm:
1950 ~ 3400RPM _
23.8 ~ 41.6 CFM
25.5 ~ 37.5 dB(A)

For the 120mm:
1300 ~ 2200RPM _
54.3 ~ 92 CFM
29 ~ 39 dB(A)
(pretty cool huh :grinthumb )

PS: You get used to the noise of the TORNADO!!!!
PS2: I hope you have some 80mm or 120mm case fan spaces.
PS3: I hope this helps!
PS4: I type too much

I just thought id get the best fan around so i could put it in future pc's, and i plan to do some heavy overclocking once i know how to inside out. But i suppose it isnt realy worth it since my pc will sound like a jet.Also, damn right its good to see some British. Fed up of places getting dominated by Yanks. Overpronoucing there i's and mispronoucing there ZED's...just kidding. Finally thanks for all the help from Monkeyboy and Vehementi. Ill look up the prices on those themalflows, analise my situation then make an investment! Thanks again

Originally posted by Rory7
I just thought id get the best fan around so i could put it in future pc's, and i plan to do some heavy overclocking once i know how to inside out. But i suppose it isnt realy worth it since my pc will sound like a jet.Also, damn right its good to see some British. Fed up of places getting dominated by Yanks. Overpronoucing there i's and mispronoucing there ZED's...just kidding. Finally thanks for all the help from Monkeyboy and Vehementi. Ill look up the prices on those themalflows, analise my situation then make an investment! Thanks again

It's not the best fan around, it's just the loudest.

And don't be so mean to Yanks, we are your favorite colony after all :)

lol.I think of the war of indipendance as a second english civil war. Its weird because there used to be an area around central England that spoke with an American accent. Which happens to be where a lot of the pilgrim fathers came from. Then the accent just totally disapeared from England. Im sure not every single inhabitent left the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back