What drivers do I need after formatting my PC?

So, I have like 687798 viruses/other bad stuff in my computer. I am not an expert and it is driving me crazy trying to fix it, so I am giving up and just formatting my computer. I've been getting blue screens for months, computer going super slow, internet redirecting me to places, asking me for credit cards, pin numbers... I keep deleting and deleting malware and it keeps coming back, so I just really wanna be done with this and have my computer back to normal!

I only have my XP CD, and I know I need drivers, but I am not sure which ones I am supposed to be downloading.

When I go to HP to see what drivers to download for my computer, their latest version is from 2002, so I am sure that I should be downloading more like the 2010 drivers for the components in my computer.

My computer: HP Pavilion a1528x
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Monitor: HP vs19 flat panel monitor

That's all I could figure out. If you guys need more info, I'll try to find it!
Thank you so much!!

You should be able to find all the drivers you need on this HP support page (which you probably have seen as well). Anyway, it being pretty old system, I don't think you'll find newer drivers on HP's site.

You can however, find newer drivers on nVidia's site for display. But the main issue is you are using an OS which is basically from same time, so it should work out alright.

At minimum you will need to install:

1. Audio drivers
2. Display Drivers
3. LAN drivers (Probably)
4. Chipset drivers

Good luck.

Well, I went to that website, and like I said... the drivers are years old. Am I not supposed to install the latest drivers? Or do I install the old ones and then they update themselves?

Recently I had to delete my NVIDIA driver and update to the new one, because my monitor kept having green and pink lines. I don't wanna have to delete and reinstall ALL the drivers just because they are too old. That's why I was trying to get the latest ones.

Always get the latest drivers directly from nvidia, intel, amd, realtek, etc. Look in devices manager and figure out what you currently have. The primary ones would be chipset, LAN/WAN, video, sound, card readers.

You have Realtek chip on the board, so try checking on realtek site whether they have updated drivers.

Same goes for graphic (which I have already pointed out).

I was not able to find which LAN solution is provided by HP on that system, you'll have to look into that.

Back