What happened to my HDD LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNS1310

I have 2 red blinking hdd leds on the front of my tower that dont go off anymore. I just replaced my psu (as seen a few threads below) and did have the connections loose...(couldnt turn on the machine, power switch connection loose)
I'm 99.9% sure everythings in correctly..i have the hdd led plug, power switch plug and the reset switch plug, into the bottom right of my motherboard.
. : : : : is what it looks like, and I have it hooked up . | | | : empty, reset, power, hddled, empty. Hope that makes sense!
I've tried other combinations of the three, only to have the others not work. Everything works now except my hdd leds. Short in the wire? Is it upside down? (The writing is facing the same way on all plugs) LEDs blown? (pretty sure I cant get to them) I have a lot of other empty plugs that look the same on my motherboard, do these have to be plugged in here? Cant read the small writing on the motherboard to know what goes where or what the other plugs are for...Not a huge problem, just wondering whats wrong.

It should have an arrow on the back that indicates the positive pin. Have you tried reversing the HDD connector?

You can't always go by the way the writing on the connectors is facing. Sometimes they can be facing up, down, sideways or mixed. Always go by positive and negative. As peterdiva suggests try reversing the led connectors on the motherboard. Positive and negative for the front panel power and reset switches don't really matter but for LEDs it does. Your motherboard manual should show which pins are positive and negative.

Cant read the small writing on the motherboard to know what goes where or what the other plugs are for...
There would be no shame in investing on a decent, old technology magnifying glass. They're hard to see for the rest of us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back