What heatsink and fan for pentium 4 3.06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsif

Hi there

Please Help me i brought a pc and the fan on the processor is so loud! what heatsink and fan would you recomend, aslo best value for money

Hope you can help

Thanks

Paul

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu

7000_socket_type2.gif

thanks

thanks for your reply

can you tell me roughly how much this costs and is it very quiet?

Thanks

i would get the Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu variant. it is cheaper than the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu because it is made from aluminum and copper (copper is more expensive than aluminum and is harder to work with). both coolers cool very well and keep the cpu at about the same temperature.

the "AlCu" that i bought was $35 USD. i think the "Cu" is about $10 more. the "AlCu" is also lighter than the the "Cu." so if you move your PC around a lot, you do not have to be so careful with the "AlCu" as the "Cu."

just make sure you go the Zalman web site and look at their motherboard compatibility list. as you can see from didou's pic of the Zalman, it is large so the heatsink does not fit all motherboards.

IMO both the Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu and Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu excel at keeping the cpu cool at low fan speeds. set the fan speed at about 7V (which is about half way with the included fanmate) and it is inaudiable. even with the fan at 12V, it is quieter than a lot of other cpu fans and cools very well too. i strongly recommend that you consider the Zalman.

Excellent, sounds like this is the one to get, im in the uk so i guess it will be about £25 i will look more into it

Thanks for your help

For what you need, I would reccomend the Zalman too.

But if you're thinking of overclocking, cashing out on a Thermalright SP94, a good 92mm fan, and a fan controller to reduce the noise wouldn't be a bad idea :D

While we are on the topic :
i really have nothing bad to say about the zalman other than the fact you have to take your motherboard out to fit it (on athlons - not pentiums). Its quiet, it looks brillient under blue light and most importantly it cools wonderfully. I even have a huge margin for overclocking with it - so it fills every role.
get one quick! you wont regret the decision

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back