What is best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conjon

Well, Im a big gamer looking for better gameplay.
I'm buying a new graphics card as the one I own now is poor.
But I was wondering if you could help me get the best for my money.
My budget is around 60-70 Pounds, and I need to buy an AGP card as I do not have PCI-E slots on my motherboard.
I was thinking of buying the 7300GT AGP, which is around 60 pounds, unless you could recommended another one? Any help would be appreciated.

The 7300GT should beat easily the 9250, however, it's not an incredibly fast card.

If you could spend a little more, check out the 7600GT. It's a very good, mid-range 3D card, but if you can't afford it, the 7300 card should be good enough.

Just make sure it has GDDR3 memory, not GDDR2.

Actually, some 7300GT's can hit 580/1600 (the GDDR3 models). If they had 12pp instead of 8, they would be faster than a 7600GT. They are just a small margin behind when they are overclocked that high.

No, I can't afford the 7600GT/GS since it doubled in price.

Oh and the one im looking at is DDR2, what's the difference?
With a budget of 65 Pounds and no PCI-E slots, I'm kind of limited so I think i'll still be going for the 7300GT DDR2 card :S

DDR2 RAM is slower and runs hotter. But still you won't notice too much difference.

The 7300GT should be good enough for u.

Regards :wave:

Actually, Ive seen 7600 GT's go for around 120 canadian dollars, which is 60 pounds or so. I actually managed to get two 7600 Gt's for $50 each (Canadian), but that was a one-time thing lol. Look around at the smaller, more outlet computer stores and I am sure you can find a 7600GT for that price.

Edit: Never saw that you didn't have PCI-e slots :( I have no idea about agp cards, sorry :S

Yea, I agree. If you can find one, a ATi 9800PRO is a good (if old) card. It has around the same clock speeds as the 7300GT and the same number of pipelines, but it is a 256-bit memory bus so it has double the memory bandwidth per MHz of memory speed as the 7300GT which is a 128-bit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back