What is the best program for converting from AVI/WMV/MPG to DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmashock

I've tried Nero Vision and while it typically works very well it's buggy and unpredictable. Often for example videos will have no sound when copied to DVD, quiet sound, or it will simply error out.

I've found that it seems to work best when I burn dvds to the Harddrive first and then use nero recode or dvd shrink to actually burn the DVD... which while it works is annoying.

What I need is a program that works properly. I don't care if I have to buy it, I don't have money problems... I'm just looking for something simple, reliable, and full featured that can do the job without throwing odd errors at me every two days for no apparent reason.

any other suggestions? I'd like to look up at least five different recommendations unless everyone has a strong favorite.

I've used CuCuSoft for a few conversions from avi to dvd. It is cheap around $20-$30, at least it was that price when I bought it a couple of years ago.

eroz said:
I've used CuCuSoft for a few conversions from avi to dvd. It is cheap around $20-$30, at least it was that price when I bought it a couple of years ago.

Same here! I would recommend this as well.

DVD Flick

Above is a link to LifeHacker's review of DVD Flick, I personally have not tried it for the simple reason that the only videos I'd care to watch on my TV would be XviD, Divx, or real DVDs and I have a player that plays those. But I think that IF I needed to take a file that wasn't in one of those formats DVD Flick is probably what I'd try to use first.

use nero to make svcd or mpeg 2 file don't make a dvd file with it
then use a good authoring tool to make the menu's

I think Nero Express has an option called "Make Video DVD" which first encodes the file into the proper format and then burns it to disc. Have you tried that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back