What Is The Ultimate Gaming Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambloor

im not to sure myself since technology has moved onto PCI express n all. so this is a thread to let peoples imagination run wild and also for the rich people to maybe buy and enjoy?!?!! lol

Cheers Adam

well lol im not rich far from it im afred but i guss the best gamming pc would be a pentum 3.8Ghz wtih that new extreme technogy and a ati x800 graphs card but thats if u got bucks to wast on that. I love games and all but i dont got alot of many tos spend on them. lol

peace

currently, AMD athlon 64 "hammerclaw", with the nForce 4 chipset, a loaded board made by gigabyte, ati x800 AGP. 1 GB DDR2 or PC1066 RDRAM, RDRAM being the first choice. scsi array, maxtor atlas 15k's, adaptec u320 controller. just get a great cpu fan, AMD's latest runs hot and can get fried.

asus a8n SLI motherboard
2 geforce 6800 ultra pci express cards in sli mode
4 gigs of ram. pc3200
athlon 64 fx 55

thats just my thought on the ultimate gaming pc

Thanks for the posts and keep em coming.

Also this is my machine, could anyone give me an opinion on what they think of it NOT to bost but so that I know whether I have bourght hardware that works well together.

Thermaltake VA3000 Tsunami Dream PC Case
DFI Lan Party 925x-T2 motherboard
pentium 4 3.4GHz processor with hyper threading technology prescott 775
1GB corsair DDR2 Twin2X (2x512) matched memory pair
1GB Vitesta DDR2 533 memory (2x512)
Asus Star Ice 4 in 1 CPU fan
120 gig SATA hard drive (Digital western)
ATI radeon saphire X700 PRO pci express graphics card
550w golden silent power supply
Windows xp Pro with SP2

Thanks for your time and honest opinions please. (Good or Bad)

Adam

I would say...the computer I just built hehe.

Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
2gb PC3200
Gigabyte Rocket Pro cpu cooler
dual XFX 6800 GT 256mb
(on-board 8-channel audio)
2x 80gb WD SATA
1x 250gb 16mb buffer Maxtor SATA
Aspire X-Alien aluminum server (blue)
matching Aspire keyboard/optical mouse

I didn't see the point in spending $1200 on just video cards, so I went with the GT's and not the Ultras. Also, I didn't see much point in getting 4gb RAM and got 2gb instead (after building the system an checking everything out, my RAM never fills up anyway). Having 8-channel audio on the motherboard kinda negates the need to get an Audigy of any kind, at least in my mind. And I'm pretty happy with the performance of the hard drives that I purchased.

You Need the 2 Geforce 6800 Ultra and 2 160 GB Hard drives and 2 Gigs of Ram! and a AMD Athlon processor and you got your self one sweet rig!

I totally agree with morgstormhammer. Unfortunately, my friend just blew hundreds of dollars for x800 Pro on ebay. He didn't ask me for opinions in advance. I just said the best card is ATI. And he's looking for a 680W PSU. Talk about overkill. Can't wait for him to sell me those parts for real cheap when he gets bored of them.

For me, I would just get an AMD64 s939, 3000+, 1gig ram, same ol' maxtor hd and lg dvd burner. Above average air cooling. All in black. As for video, the most-bang-for-the-buck would be 6600GT. Not very behind of 6800 or x800 in benchies, but for HALF the price. Still, 6600GT isn't worth two hundred bones to me.

If I were to build the ultimate gaming machine, I'd just pick up Xbox, PS2, etc. And Xbox2 is coming out later this year. PS3 next year. All in the comfort of a recliner or sofa. Online? Yep. No BSOD's and drivers to deal with.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambloor
im not to sure myself since technology has moved onto PCI express n all. so this is a thread to let peoples imagination run wild and also for the rich people to maybe buy and enjoy?!?!! lol

Cheers Adam
Wha...?
BTW this thread is very old, don't go looking for computer suggestions here D:.

okay ultimate computer, right now id say the following:

intel core i7 extreme 965 or the core 22 extreme qx9770, prolly the 9770
any kind of x58 board for teh i7 and for the 9770 a higher end x48 board
3 ati 4890's
ram, uh ddr3 1600 is the best for those boards, capacity depends on how much u need, so id say 4 gigs or more should be fine

and thats my take, q2 2009, top gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back