What soundcard recommended for Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What soundcard works fine under Windows XP?

I wanna get rid of my SB 128 PCI and get a new soundcard without crackling trouble under Win XP :mad: , what about the terratec DMXFIRE 1024? anyone here with this souncard?

Thanks.

I personally have an Audigy and it works great with XP Pro, but I have heard of others experiencing crackling with their setup. Maybe I just got a good card :)

Here is a review on your product:

http://www.game-revolution.com/games/hardware/dmx_xfire.htm

At any rate, Terratec has done a really good job of manufacturing a card that has something for everyone, successfully teetering the line between gamers and music enthusiasts. It may be roughly, twice as expensive as the Maxi Sound MUSE, but in the end, the Xfire achieves at least 4 times the quality. With the DMX Xfire, you just get what you pay for.

There is more in the link about it's features and whatnot. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, welcome to 3DS!!!

Newcomer Welcome & Hello
Here's some tips for a more pleasurable 3DS experience.

Please Read FAQ's so you have an idea of how the Forum operates.

* Be mindful of our International Membership; use proper English & Grammar.
* Women & Children frequent the boards, watch your language! (TOS is strictly enforced)
* Please Post in the Correct Forum, do not double post.
* Please use a specific question on the Subject Line.
* This will archive your subject for later searches/retrieval
* Subject lines like "Help me" or "I have a question" & other pleas of desperation are not useful in a help forum.
* Learn to use the Search Feature extensively to answer questions, for the following reasons:
* 1.) Redundant Topics: most popular subjects are currently being discussed, or similar questions have been answered.
* 2.) Links: we might forget a good link that was previously mentioned in answering your question.

Please read the 3Ds homepage www.3dspotlight.com & please visit our sponsors.
Feel free to quote the articles, guides, reviews & links.

Enjoy!

Try searching for your question. I personally posted a similar topic a while back that may answer your question. Here is the thread: http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back