What the heck is this RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMoose

A while ago I had an ancient Gateway that used PC133 RAM.

And when I sold a pair of home stereo speakers to a guy off craig's, he threw in these RAM as payment on top of the cash.

But what are they!?!!?! There's no stickers with part numbers, and the lil' individual chips end in "A10" which seems to be 133 speed. I think!

Anybody got any ideas? Are these for a server maybe?

Are they worth anything? I see people still getting $10 for 256 sticks.

Ok, thanks to all who respond!

Here's a shot of each side. I have three of these things! lol

Attachments

• RAM_next_2_normalSDRAM.jpg
    RAM_next_2_normalSDRAM.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 26
  • RAM_question.jpg
    RAM_question.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 22
Uh..... I can read.

I just put that SDRAM in the picture for scale.

So it's server RAM? I followed the link, but it doesn't really help with the description. And no picture for comparison.

Thanks though. At least you tried!

Here, have a monkey! :monkey: lol

P.S.- When I google "TSOP 98 RAM" not a whole heck of a lot comes up.

Any other ideas?

Lol i wasn't saying you couldn't read its just you said about no part numbers :p

Yes its server RAM, well the double height ones are.

I'm not an expert on this so i cant give you definates and i know what you mean about no results. Unfortunately there are none.
I would normally say try Everest or Sandra but unless you have a server then that going to be tricky.

I'm afraid i cant help you a whole lot more unfortunately as i'm not very knowledgeable with the RAM and seems fairly old.

BTW does the guy who gave you the RAM know anything about them? I'm guessing not as you probably would have asked but still.

That's ECC, Buffered (Reg) SDR SDRAM, probably PC133.

It's worth almost nothing. If they were 512MB in size or at least 256MB you might find someone who needs it for specialty use.

Well even if its worthless he still gave you a name and price in answer to your question...so the 2 points cancel each other out. Maybe if you keep it then in a few year a museum will buy it off you.

Thought I was being funny.

Oh well.

Sarcasm is hard to get across the interwebs.

lol sorry i did pick up on the sarcasm however my reply post did not like you say come back easily as being sarcastic also.

However SNGX1275 is right. The Internet is no place for humor unless you are:
Looking over funny videos on YouTube
Watching comedy clips
Looking at peoples poor visualisations on photo shop disasters
Looking at comedians pages...
Apart from that...its all serious...on the Internet its like one big BSOD. Do one thing wrong and the rest will come crashing down (that's a pun :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back