What's a good case for modding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

I'm looking for a good case to start modding on, I'm not planning on going outrageous with the mods but I wanted to add about 8-9 fans and do some designs on the sidepanel. Some of my friends who do case modding recommend this case but the top vent I don't like very much, although it's not a very big con.

Also, for the side panel, do I have to sand down the inside to start cutting into it or can it be cut without damaging? I can't really tell from pictures and I've never seen this case for myself.

-edit-

Does anyone know where to get the sound foam for inside a case that isn't very expensive? Since these fans will cause a lot of a noise I want to dampen it with the foam.

Pretty widespread if you ask me. If you want all that flashy LED stuff you're obviously going to want something with the clear side-panel setup. Anything with good airflow will be fine if you are planning to build a powerful system. If you're looking for purely cosmetic stuff, Xoxide builds custom all-clear cases as well as some more practical units. I'm not sure what they make em out of (probably a plexy-like material) but I wouldn't build anything that's not aluminum/steel. - personal preference I guess.

Grab a Cooler Master Stacker. Those things are huge and have space for at least 8-9 fans. I dunno how far you'd get with modding 'em though, and they are expensive...

Grab a Cooler Master Stacker. Those things are huge and have space for at least 8-9 fans. I dunno how far you'd get with modding 'em though, and they are expensive...

I was looking at those the other day but like you said they are pretty expensive. :(

I'm going to keep looking, I'm trying to find a big enough case that isn't fancy ( have pre-cut stuff or moldings ) but also cheap so if I mess up in the modding process I won't have to spend $100 to buy another.

Pretty widespread if you ask me. If you want all that flashy LED stuff you're obviously going to want something with the clear side-panel setup. Anything with good airflow will be fine if you are planning to build a powerful system. If you're looking for purely cosmetic stuff, Xoxide builds custom all-clear cases as well as some more practical units. I'm not sure what they make em out of (probably a plexy-like material) but I wouldn't build anything that's not aluminum/steel. - personal preference I guess.

I was planning on doing one of two things I was thinking of for a side panel, either a cutout of the Razer logo ( I think it looks cool ) and add plexi with blue+red LEDs around the trim of the plexi, or just cutting a normal square into the side panel and build a "bubble machine" that makes bubbles with water when I turn on the computer ( It looks really awesome, I've seen it before. :) )

I'm mostly going to full mod the computer myself, that's why I don't want a case that has all these fancy cutouts and moldings already, just a simple and cheap case that will allow freedom for me to do whatever I want to the case. ;)

lol, I really can't picture the whole bubble thing but hey a custom is a custom I suppose. Anyways, here are some of the Xoxide cases I was talking about earlier; they are made from an acrylic material. Some of them look like they are pretty simplistic in design so you could probably do all kinds of custom stuff. Worth taking a look at anyways...

http://www.xoxide.com/acryliccases.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back