Productivity When I try to open outlook 2007 says "cannot open your default email folders"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btiex

Hi

days ago i have this problem since i started outlook 2007 when i try to open it's shows me the following message "Cannot open you'r default email folders. the information store could no be open." Even when i create a new user profile in order to connect outlook 2007 with the server exchange. it;s giving me the same error, i reinstaled microsoft office and this messages still showing up.

Could somebody help me, any information about how to fix this problem would be helpul.

Ididmyc600

Hi

Your default emai folder is your PST file and is usually located in the following path (change my name for yours)

C:\Documents and Settings\ididmyc600\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Its possible that you dont have the rights to the folder or the drive.or similar.

Regards

Btiex

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Ididmyc600

Thanks Ididmyc600

But i'm using ost file, it doen'st matter that i;m using this extension.

Ididmyc600

Hi

OST ? never heard of that one, i use outlook both at work and home and all our data files are PST.

Sorry cant help you anymore that that perhaps someone else will pop up.

Regards

brucethetech

ost is when you have offline files. pst is the most common. there is a pst file that outlook is using somewhere you can find it in the account properties

Status
Not open for further replies.