Where can I find low-profile AGP brackets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg has this Radeon 9600 128MB (even 128-bit memory when I asked Sapphire):

14-102-328-04.JPG

My bro is planning on buying 16 of these to upgrade his comps at his gaming center. His rigs are low profile desktops, that's why these would be a good choice. These would be upgrading the outdated Geforce4 MX420 they have now.

Problem is the card only ships with the full sized bracket (shown). It's a pain to find a low-profile agp bracket anywhere on the net. I would find a site that would have it, but it's overseas and they will not ship to the US. I really need help on this. Or the only way would be to cut the bracket short and glue the mounting part on.

Let me know if you find anything...

Originally posted by CheezHead
Use the brackets on the MX420's

sorry for not mentioning it in the first post, but the low-profile brackter of the mx420's do not align with the VGA and TV-Out connectors... :-(

I did some searching and I could only find one 9600 with a low profile bracket but it was an SE(64-bit memory bus) model made by Powercolor:dead: Heres the link 9600se. Another problem with it is when the lowpro bracket is used the vga conector needs to be removed and you would need a DVI-to-vga adapter for the DVI port to be used on a regular monitor which is not included.

I recommend you get the cards from newegg and figure out a way to modify your old brackets to the new card or modify the new brackets. Low pro is very rare from what I see and you have nearly no choices.

If you don't move the computers and displays around when using them, they could be used without brackets too. Just be more careful with them.

Buy a 9way d-type hole cutter and cut a hole in a low profile blanking plate from another slot on the case, easy as pie. If you need to use the s-video drill a hole with an appropriately sized drill bit, but I wouldn't bother if you dont need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back