Where can I find this driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roonil

I've looked around, but it's hard to be sure I'm getting the right thing. Where can I get the driver for this hardware ID: vid_04f2&pid_a133&rev_0100
It's for my webcam.

What version of Windows are you running?

And is this a built-in webcam? or a cam you bought and are connecting via the USB port? If built-in, what's the make/model of your computer as well

/* edit */
Tell me the make/model of your computer or motherboard

It's a USB one, and I'm still on XP. As for the make of my computer, it's a MESH. I don't know about a model.

You must be in the United Kingdom?

For a start, it is a not-uncommon integrated driver for many boards, including Chaintech, Acer, Compaq, motherboards... VIA technologies, ULi and Ali integrated, and some AMD... you are likely going to need the model number off your system board... or use one of the driver companies to which you pay a fee, such as Driver Guide. It can have a number of functions.
You might be able to narrow it down by taking those numbers and that configuration and doing some Gurgle searches...
But your computer, unless homemade, should have most of the information you need on a label on the bottom, back, or documentation of your computer.
Usually you can get the model number from off the motherboard... near the edge or center, and gurgle search that.
See if your board has a VIA Technologies chip and search for the number you find there.
Otherwise, you may find everything you need at www.meshcomputers.com/ or www.meshcomputers.com/custom-pcs/ with due dilligence.

Just to be sure to clarify.. when you say it's a USB one you mean you bought a webcam for your computer that you plug into a USB port, yes? (in other words, it's an external web cam) So it's not actually built into your computer, right?

Hmmm.. i'm playing the "six degrees of separation/Kevin Bacon" game here..but any chance you have a Chicony camera???

Maybe one of these Chicony webcams??
Panda 10
Panda%2010A.jpg

Panda 8
Panda%208B.jpg

Panda 6
Panda%206A.jpg

Also, please rt click My Computer->Properties. What XP Service Pack level does it say you are running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back