Where to Watch Movies and TV Online: 7 free alternatives, and then some

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/article/857-free-movies-tv-online/]https://www.techspot.com/article/857-free-movies-tv-online/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Note: Students get a 50% discount on Prime, making it a better offer than netflix over a year. Netflix per year is around $100 and the movie and TV selection on prime is VERY similar, so getting the student discount makes it worth it!

Good list I use most of them anymore, once I got the movies I wanted ripped to my computer and some "sharing" from friends I am pretty much set but its nice to be able to watch something different. I usually hit up crackle 2-3 times a month and have been messing around with vimeo and viewster, and Hulu's free content has always been nice. But I would say 90% of my streaming content comes from youtube, I follow a lot of youtubers in subjects I like giving me hundreds of channels to watch in a sense. A lot of history channel like shows get put on there as well. You do find the normal full length movies, but most don't last long, and crackle has a youtube account so you can watch there content there as well. I am not a huge tv show guy but I will watch comedy central's stuff on there site and south park studios free episodes, I also stream a lot of college football using watch ESPN (thank you charter). The amount of free content available online makes me really wonder why anyone who isn't HUGE into tv/sports buys cable/satellite.

Note: Students get a 50% discount on Prime, making it a better offer than netflix over a year. Netflix per year is around $100 and the movie and TV selection on prime is VERY similar, so getting the student discount makes it worth it!
I honestly can't agree. Prime video is a nice side perk at best. Every time I think of a show or movie I want to watch, its not there. Honestly, netflix's catalog is legitimately 10x better.

Aint crackle like going now? atleast in the UK?

Also just use netflix+popcorn time its literally the best thing out there why fret over it being "illegal" its not like your doing anything bad your doing the exact same thing your country's leaders&governments do :) they dont follow their own law so why should you?

I used to use Veoh to watch anime but they made it a pain to watch stuff so I just use random anime sites :)

Xbmc and add the repositories...plenty of videos on youtube shows you how to set them up...

I have Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime. I use each of them for different reasons, but altogether my monthly bill is still less than that I would pay for cable and the viewing selection is better. I might add an anime-specific service soon (debating between Crunchy Roll and Funimation).

Crackle, in my opinion, is worthless. The ads, unlike with Hulu, are placed wherever in the show and it breaks up the show's continuity. Nothing is more frustrating than getting into a show and then out of nowhere a Geico ad pops up.

90% of Crackle's content is just a redirect to Hulu .. so what is the point?

Trying Hulu Plus now. I find that most shows require that you prove you have a cable subscription by logging in with your cable provider credentials. I dont see the point of using Hulu if I pay them $8/month and also have to keep my cable subscription to use it.

The shows they do have - many only have the most recent 5 or 6 episodes. So if you are discovering a show for the first time, you can't start at the beginning because they only have episodes 6-13 available (Sleepy Hollow, for example).

Want to watch the current season of Vampire Diaries? They only have episodes 4, 5, 6 and 12, 13, 14. What happened to the episodes inbetween?
Want to watch Wilfred? you can only watch it on your computer - not on your TV - because of licensing restrictions on the series.

Hulu is a joke. Netflix is king, Amazon Prime good also.

Back