Which Driver To Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. im new to this drivers thing so i would like some advice of peeps who know. Hopefully its very simple. I would like to put the latest driver onto my system.

I run win xp sp2. Currently the driver is 56.56 and i want to put the latest 61.77 in.

My question is this.... In the remove programs window i have two drivers listed they are NVIDIA Display Driver and below that there is NVIDIA Windows 2000/XPnFORCE Drivers.

I assume i would take out the windows driver... and not the display driver?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

I assume you have a nvidia graphics card and also a nforce2 motherboard and you want to update the graphics driver to 61.77.
In which case it is obviously the display adapter software you need to uninstall.
If you decide to update the motherboard nforce drivers at some date then you need to delete those instead when you come to update them.

Thanks for the reply. Yes i run a Geforce FX5900XT 128 MEG card. and a nforce2 MoBo. would you recommend a programe called detonator r.i.p. which removes everthing to do with the driver or is there a better one to use..?

Again thanks for the reply.

I dont see why you shouldnt uninstall the Detonator drivers the usual way ie through Add/ Remove Programs in the control panel. Then head on to install the newest Detonator drivers,

Why not to both?
First remove it from the Add/Remove program then use Detonator R.I.P... That way you're sure every trace of the previous driver is gone, and you can then install the new driver assured that there will not be any conflict with the older driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back