Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molongal

I have a problem. I know very little about mobos but i need a new one. I was wondering weather anyone could recomend one. My Specs i have 512 mg ram, 2.0ghz P4, radeon 128mb 9200, internal modem and a usb printer. Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I m not really into Intel....but it would be good if you read some motherboard reviews from site like Tomshardware. Their mobo review articles in some ways should give the information on what to buy and what to avoid.

The ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe :)

I can't really help you without finding out how much you want to spend and what you're going to be using it for.

we'd also need a little more information on your exact parts. What kind of RAM do you have? PC133? PC2100? RDRAM?
Is your modem PCI or ISA?

abit is7 beautiful board faster than most i875 boards and won the anandtech editors choice award.

asus p4p800 and msi 865pe NEO2 are good boards as well. intel 865perl offers stability.

msi and gigabyte are recommended by tomshardware on 865 and 875 chipset.
but yr 2.0g P4 is not the 800Mhz FSB version, I don't think u need those dual channel boards. For atx, u can consider via P4X400 chipset, I have the P4PB-FL, very stable, just u cannot use all three ram slot to host DDR3200, only the 2nd and 3rd slot works. Besides, for ddr 400, they recommend cosair memory, I tried a generic one, failed. I put two sticks of HyperX 3000 in it and running at ddr400 2-2-2-6, no problem at all. If u do want to get this one, the ultra version cost less than $80 and comes with flash card readers, really a sound deal.
About OC, I tried a Celeron, it does not go through but I read some review said their 1.8a go straight to 2.7g. I will definitely try that later.

Besides these big atx, u might consider shuttle's miniQ of 865PE board, too ---- if ur modem is pci. >$320 in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back