Which Windows version do you like best?

Which Windows version, from this short list, do like best?

• Windows XP

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 36 53.7%

• Total voters
havnt tried 7, so I'm going with Vista as long as your hardware is decent you can run it just fine.

I'm going for XP Pro SP3 32Bit
Yes I know, Vista has better this and that, but XP is fast on a basic system such as mine, and I'd say I know every single system file there is. Vista is impossible to learn every file.

My answer depends on what hardware and what the goals of the system are.

I like XP just fine, but if I'm running a lower end machine and just want to get tasks done like web browsing, and office stuff then 2000 Professional is my choice.

If the hardware is modern, then Vista. Windows 7 supposedly runs faster on similar hardware to Vista, but XP also does, and 7 is still yet to be finished so I can't vote with any confidence for it. Vista will run excellent on modern hardware and has some useful improvements over XP.

XP SP3

But running Win7 in a VM am totally impressed. This is from the person that always tells everyone not to get the new OS for a year until it matures.

I still will not jump on recommending it from the git go but will likely lower this to 3-4 months.

I am basing this on the good results I am having with Win7 even in a VM.

AND my understanding of what M$ is actually doing.

Like removing things that had been built in that should have been Application programs in the first place, and basically taking the best of XP Vista and 2008 Svr to build Win7!

Mike

me i used xp and vista

i like xp a lil better cuz of the performance and such for gaming but vista has better graphic detail (dx10) and a nice user friendly UI

7 looks promising

dunno about any one but im gonna ride the 7 train in the stocks to see wat happens i might become a millionare or something

key word "might" XD

Seems kind of odd the number of people voting Windows 7... From what I understand it's really not in a very gagueable(sp?) state. Am I wrong? I've been rather curious bout Windows 7 and all, but it just seems the wrong time to really list it among Vista or especially XP...

Just my 2 cents :monkey:

I have a Vista/Win7 dualboot system, and so far I like Windows 7 better. But I still use Vista as my main OS, at least until we're closer to the release date.

Windows XP Professional performs everything I need done, and runs every software I now use. Microsoft will make it worse with their need for more profit, but doubt they can make it better.

im dual booting vista and RC7 for a while now, 7 looks great so far,but hard to pass judgment until the final product is availible. vista has always run fantastic for me and those i have built machines for ( i got in at SP1) so it gets my vote for now.

I think Microsoft needs to re-evaluate how they are doing business. Look at the computer makers like DELL who are now offering Vista or you can opt for XP SP3 or even Ubuntu Linux. People are tired of Microsoft and the way they consistently release versions of their OS's and programs and then finish them once it is in use and people are seeking out alternatives. Windows and IE are so susceptible to attack.
A dual boot with Linux and Windows is the besat I see (Windows for games and such) Linux as the main OS.

Young folks like it. People over 40 dislike it. People over 49 hate it... Too many people find it too difficult to switch over... but I agree that it is relatively problem free otherwise... as Microsoft got most of the glitches out in WXPP.

In general, Vista is my favorite. It has many features XP doesn't, which I find very useful. My only problem with it is that many older games do not work well on it, like SW battlefront II. On my laptop I have no choice but to run XP though, because running Vista would probably make it explode :dead: I don't think windows 7 is enough of an improvement to make it worth it for me to buy it, so I'll probably be using Vista for a while.

Vista has eye candy and is cool in a lot of ways but it also has several limitations and drawbacks like networking and security! Plus how many flavors of Vista do they really need to put out there?

xp is the best ,vista even the Microsoft co said that it's sophisticated and hv problems,ihvn tryn 7 yet,but i think it will b better

dspike - Windows 7 is going to have a bunch of versions too. And networking/security in Vista is better than XP.

XP is good thanx to sp3, but windows is turning pc's into game machines. For safety, security and usefulness Linux will do ya right

we r talking about windows dspike not linux,and actually i didnt like linux much,and because there is a few ppl using linux there is no viruses or such a thing,wtever the xp sp3(specially) are the best

I find vista good with better stuff compare to Xp. but hell yeah it's hard to get the system compared to XP. i've been locked out of my computer for quite a while because of Password malfuctions. (administer fogetting the password) NOT GOOD at all.

Personally, I love Windows 7 since it is pure eye candy to me. I've used Vista but eh, I have found absolutely no problems with it. I just decided to stick with my XP since I was too lazy to reinstall all my programs. I love all the OS that Windows make. But for now, Windows 7 wins it for me.

Should rephrase that, as long as any OS (OSx, Linux) can use the web/basic programs, I will be glad to use it. But Windows for games ftw.

Windows 5.x (2000, XP, server '03) is still the most solid version. It combined the performance of 9x with the stability of NT. If you think about it, this was only made possible by advances in hardware.

It has the widest range of available applications and software.

Not to offend the server '08 fans, as it is a mostly solid platform.

Back