White screen instead of wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

momsgonelooney

i'm working on my friends comp for her and i can't hook it to the net because it's at my place. first thing is i need to know how i can hook it to my internet for the time being? and y i can't change the backround on it? this white screen is driving me crazy. if any1 can help i would appreciate it. it's a compaq sr1300nx with windows xp home, 3000+ amd sempron processor, 256mb sdram, 60gb ultra dma hard drive.

Desktop options

Don't you know where to change your desktop ?
You don't need the Internet for this.
Right click the Desktop then Propertys and select Desktop for Windows background default wallpapers.
You can add others (JPG or BMP) to My Document/My Pictures.
I have one I custom made.
:)

Attachments

• Change Desktop.jpg
    Change Desktop.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8
Changeing INet

I got a new PC and connected it like the old one.
But,You'll need a LAN connection and a Modem.
It;s allowed by your ISP.

zipperman said:
Don't you know where to change your desktop ?
You don't need the Internet for this.
Right click the Desktop then Propertys and select Desktop for Windows background default wallpapers.
You can add others (JPG or BMP) to My Document/My Pictures.
I have one I custom made.
:)
Good try, but the momsgonelooney asks about how to change the picture background. Oh and, the one you made is not custom anyway, it just resized.

zipperman said:
I got a new PC and connected it like the old one.
But,You'll need a LAN connection and a Modem.
It;s allowed by your ISP.
Pointless post. You should ask her what kind of package does her isp provided to.

Ok momsgonelooney,

Few questions...

What package does your internet service providers gives you? Dial-up, broadband, Wireless or Satellite?

And for the background, like zipperman said. but it dont HAVE to be default, you can use any pictures you downloaded or stored in your computer, by right click the picture file, and click "Set as background"

Can I just add to zipperman's support

Go to Control Panel
Open Display
(Note: doing it this way, will confirm that you get to Display settings, in case your "White" background is actually a web page)
Click on Desktop tab
Click on Customize Desktop... button
Click on Web tab
If there is anything listed, remove it
Ok
Click on the "Color:" button arrow
Change it to Dark Blue
Select "None" for Wallpaper picture
Apply
OK

Partly you can

My attachment and Windows Help will find this.This ? isn't necessary here.
But That will confirm what you have to see and use.
But Quote "momsgonelooney"
"first thing is i need to know how i can hook it to my internet ."
The same way you did on yours,but i think she doesn't have a ISP or it would be connected.

guys i'm not that stupied i tried all the convententinal ways of fixing her backround. she had a virus and now it will not allow her to change the backround. as for my ip i have verizon dsl. this comp. is aggravating me. every time i do something to it, it hangs and freezes up. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back