Who moderates the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find the answer to your question in the following link.

Edit:
mailpup is an active moderator. There are others that are not as active in the forums.

After looking through the link above. I noticed there wasn't a list for moderators.

There are several of us moderators on the site and we do it because we love Techspot. We aren't hired... we volunteer to try to keep some sense of order. Some of us have been around before this place was even called Techspot.
Are you at all familiar with the term "SJW" (Social Justice Warrior)?

Here's the top meaning from "The Urban Dictionary"

TOP DEFINITION
Social Justice Warrior
In the broadest sense, a social justice warrior is a person that uses complex serious social, economic and political issues as a way to further their own agenda by claiming they are fighting to "correct a wrong"

Specifically, it is used to refer to people claim to be fighting for social justice but are actually validating their own ego, looking for special treatment, or attention.

Ironically Social justice warriors cause more harm to their causes than good, as they are often ill-informed, are uninterested in dicussing issues as they are more interested in being "right", and aggressivley attack all who disagree.
I understand and respect that Karen is a vegan but every time we go out to eat she calls me a monster for eating meat, and constantly talks about how "she is saving the world by being vegan".

She just wants attention and wants to feel special, she is such a social justice warrior
##social #justice #warrior #socialjusticewarriors
by mazeltovcocktail May 04, 2019

As you can plainly see, in current internet culture, this is a very strong pejorative. It's aimed at anyone who has control over what stays and what goes, regarding thread content here at Techspot.

Considering the source of the insult, I would have answered the question with anything from a warning to an outright ban. If only for the fact that "SJW" is an acronym, and as such, should be capitalized. The reasoning there being, "you can insult me all you want, but at least have the courtesy to hold down the shift key when necessary".

But then again, that's probably why I'm not in charge of anything here at Techspot. :rolleyes:

For research purposes, here's are several links:

So while, "turning the other cheek" is "Biblically correct", it really is inappropriate when done by someone charged with maintaining order and politesse at a forum such as this.

Last edited:
Yes CC, I am familiar with the term but I don't think it's worth getting into a cyber fight over what people might think of you. We're not really here to change people's minds but rather to give enough information for people to make an educated decision/choice. Some call it other names but I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. I don't expect or want everyone to see things my way.

Yes CC, I am familiar with the term but I don't think it's worth getting into a cyber fight over what people might think of you. We're not really here to change people's minds but rather to give enough information for people to make an educated decision/choice. Some call it other names but I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. I don't expect or want everyone to see things my way.
The TS started a "cyber fight", why not finish it?

In context, the question seems like it's coming from a new member who's butt hurt about having a post pulled. And well, "the decision of the judges is final". As for the offender insulting or needing to know the makeup of the court, that's simply a display of hubris.

As a "bad boy member", I've had hundreds of posts pulled, and for the life of me, I can't remember starting a name calling and fishing expedition in "Site Feedback and Suggestions" over it.

Besides, at least one of our mods gives the reason the post was pulled, which is much more often than not, quite sufficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back