Why do so many celebrities drink and drive

because they can. plain and simple. they love living on the edge. they don't have a care in the world. they're famous. they can get away with a lot by how star-struck people tend to get. i'm hoping that eventually people start getting pissed off with the crap these guys and girls pull, and start to crack down s'more.

i loved it when i heard hilton was getting a jail sentence. but everyone pussed out and was like "OH EM GEE YUU CANT DO TAHT TO A FAMISS HOTT GURL!!!"

Do an abnormal amount of them do that compared to the general population?

I imagine they do it for the same reason anyone does, they think they can get away with it.

Celebrities are stupid, they do what ever they want and get away with it.

Even if they do go to Jail it's only for a day or so, Look at the recent events with some Celebrities, Either they go to Jail for 1 day and get out or they don't go at all.

It makes me wonder what they could get away with... It's kind of sad, I bet if they committed a horrible crime like Arson or Murder they'll probably get Fined and be on their way.

As SNGX said.. Why do you think celebs drive drunk more than normal people? It's just that the famous people are the ones that get the press' attention.

TimeParadoX: So if you were to become famous, you would also become stupid? :p

becauz if they dont make headlines, they arent celebrities anymore.
dumb asses get carried away and hit the sidewalks more often.

I don't know why Nodsu is getting the credit/blame here. He agreed with what I said above - the only thing he did after agreeing with me was ask TimeParadoX if he'd be stupid if he became famous.

Last year I had a terrible accident (it wasn't really an accident - that implies something could have been done to prevent it. If our driver had realized what was happening (which was nigh on impossible) we would have driven into a bus stop) involving a drink driver hitting us head on so in my mind it's completely unacceptable no matter who it is. I felt this way before the crash but that happening just reinforced what a dangerous thing it is to do.

Like SNGX said, it's because hey think that they can get away with it. After a bit of drink your confidence is increased so it affects everyone the same way, famous or not. It's just worse when "celebrities" do it because people look up to them and rely on them as role models.

TimeParadoX said:
Nodsu is a poopy face. :)
I'm not agreeing with this, i just like the expression because it is silly and makes me giggle.

You May Be On To Something.....

sirdale12 said:
they let the publicity to their head and think they are greater than all

An inflated ego seems to blunt the effect of common sense. I'm sooo important, I have to drink to counter the effects and the burden of being so damned important. It's a vicious circle, I tell you! "Bubo ergo sum". Now whose line is that?

because primarily there is a double standard. Joe drunkard would get a year in the poky for a DUI plus fines, whereas rich celebrities can hire a top lawyer so they only do a few days (if at all.) The punishment should be the same.

Well. If the punishment should be the same. Do we give the same punishment to a guy who kills three others while DUI and the one that didn't?

Or the one who is 0.1 over the limit and is caught on some back road and the other one who is 2.0 over the limit and was caught on the highway?

Or should we have double double standards so that important people always get the full punishment while "normal" people get a fair individual trial which may ormay not include expensive and/or skilled lawyers?

My state in the US (Massachusetts) had a large issue with drunk driving....then they became really strict with the laws on drinking and driving, and the issue has subsided somewhat. I´m not sure the laws of California, but that is where most celebrities live...could it be an issue in Cali?

obviously the guy/girl who kills 3 with a dui is committing 4 crimes, so therefore the punishment would not be the same for a person who is caught just dui.

The Celebutante From Hell.......By Paris Hilton

Nodsu said:
Or the one who is 0.1 over the limit and is caught on some back road and the other one who is 2.0 over the limit and was caught on the highway?
The punishment should always fit the crime, but......, you could always tack on charges based on environment.....public intoxication, disorderly conduct, and a host of other traffic related offenses for the 2.0 over guy driving on the sidewalk
in downtown LA.
Nodsu said:
Or should we have double double standards so that important people always get the full punishment while "normal" people get a fair individual trial which may ormay not include expensive and/or skilled lawyers?

Martha Stewart was punished more severely perhaps than an ordinary citizen in her incarceration. but, this was because of her prominent position in the stock market. Justifiably so in this case, I believe.
To conclude that celebrities are punished more severely than John Q. Public is to never have heard of O.J.Simpson, Phil Spector, or Paris Hilton. Paris incidentally, should have paid the LA sheriff's office as a press agent.

Back