Wierd Word format

By mke
Mar 9, 2007
  1. hi there, have a small annoying problem. i was writing a text on ms word and i accidentaly pressed a key sequence that changed the format of word. somehow i get a reversed p with a line next to it always on every line when i type something. it does not go away even when empty. no matter of font or language. anyone had this problem that can share an insight?

  2. jobeard

    jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 11,128   +982

    that's a visual clue that you hit the <return> key, which should be used in
    a word processor to delineate paragraphs :)

    go to your options and you'll see show/hide all kinds of special clues.
  3. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

    You should have a button that looks like that "reversed p" on your toolbar.
  4. mke

    mke TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 90

    thanx for the replies i was getting paranoid. found the button and now the word docs seem so nice and clean again :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...