WIFI disconnects itself within 4 seconds

pete2444

Hello

I have an Isus N56V Laptop.

I was recently on Vacation and connected to the wifi network at the place I was staying in. Everything was fine for the first week and then at the end of the week the wifi would disconnect itself as soon as we connected (within 4 seconds).

1616053345223.pngI checked for virus and there is no virus. I have run diagnostics from windows. The wifi turns on and off. I get the error WIFI is off

We came home and are having the same issue with the laptop connecting to our home network. I am able to connect to home network on phones and television.

From the laptop the wifi will stay connected if I hold the Wifi switch on with the left mouse button (as per picture below). Also, if we connect with eathernet cable directly to the modem, it connects to the internet, but I would like to use wifi. The modem and laptop are next to each other so no problems with signal.

I have tried the fixes for similar problems posted on here but I am not having success.

Could you please advise of possible solutions. Thanks Pete

1616053345223.png

Check if Windows is set to turn off wi-fi to conserve the battery. Type Device Manager in the search box (by the Windows logo in the Task bar). Look down the list of devices and find your wi-fi card. Right click it and in the menu you will see Power Management. There's a box in there to turn power management on/off.

Thanks for your advice. We have done this and have the box unticked. Is there anyting else it could be?

It's old and came with Windows 7 but the spec remains impressive. I don't know what you've had done in terms of servicing. It's probably had a couple of new batteries, a renewal of thermal paste on the processors and a good clean to remove dust. Did you progress through the free upgrades so it's now running windows 10 ?

My suggestion is to forget the onboard wi-fi for now and buy a usb wi-fi dongle. These are cheap and usually tiny so that would be an economical work around. You could then pay for a service and see what the workshop advises. Taking it apart to replace the wi-fi card in case it's faulty wouldn't be a DIY job for most people. It's a big slab of a laptop compared with the latest models.

Back