WIFI Dongle connect with Android OS

Hi Guys,
I'm newbie here and I'm hoping to learn more from your guidance & help. Thank you.

I have a wifi dongle 'Netgear Micro USB N150'. I have galaxy tab & I would like to transfer photos from galaxy tab to a particular folder in my system using the WIFI-Dongle(probably as a accesspoint). I'm new to networking and I have no clue how to make this connection. Do I need to have any software for that?? Does any body can help me, here??

Thank you.

I'm too lazy to unplug the USB cable from the charger and plug it into the desktop for file transfer...unless it's couple hundred MB...so I do it via wi-fi. Anyway, I use ES File Explorer when I need to transfer files from either my phone or tablet to my desktop. You just need to make sure the folder where you're copying the files to has sharing turned on.

The folder My Pictures is set to share on my desktop (192.168.1.2). In the app, under Network, then LAN, add server, I added 192.168.1.2/My Pictures. Entered user name and password and called it My Pics. The next time I tap on My Pics, I see everything in it on my devices. If I need to transfer files, I select the files then use copy to or move to and send them to my desktop.

The Dongle is not going to act as an access point - - that job is done by a Router or a true A.P.

If the Andriod has WiFi, then you can make a connection to your router. The rest of the issue is getting File Sharing between a PC and a SmartPhone configured.

Simple way is to get on your tablet and then use the share feature which you can send your files to Cloud server like free dropbox or box.com accounts. This way is easy if you need to transfer a lot of files and if your now home you can send files up to the cloud or using your @gmail.com account. I do this always. Then you can use your PC to open the cloud account or use @gmail.com to get your files to your PC if you don't have the USB cable around. ADB Android drivers need to be on your PC prior to connecting it. Also under Developer Options under Settings need to have USB Debug enabled.

There are so much options you can have from the Android to your PC.

Back