WIFI NIC under DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Title says it all, can you use a 3com WIFI NIC in a Dos based environment, I have a laptop and the router is upstairs, I want to ghost from the server to the laptop using the wifi nic.

Its not a necessity its just a thought....

Regards

First, your manufacturer must provide DOS drivers. If you can't find them, then you are probably out of luck. :(

Although I'm unaware of such a thing, a 'universal driver' may exist... If you can find a program for DOS which can access your card via NDIS and allow you some form of utility to configure your connection (encyption keys, access point selection etc..), then there is not much to stop you.

Best of luck and please post back if you find something.

Rick said:
First, your manufacturer must provide DOS drivers. If you can't find them, then you are probably out of luck. :(

Although I'm unaware of such a thing, a 'universal driver' may exist... If you can find a program for DOS which can access your card via NDIS and allow you some form of utility to configure your connection (encyption keys, access point selection etc..), then there is not much to stop you.

Best of luck and please post back if you find something.

Seems Google is going to be my best friend for the forseeable future, cheers Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back