WiFi not showing up in Windows 10

Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my mac through Parallels desktop. On my mac, the wifi is showing up, but when I go to windows, the wifi option completely disappears! The only thing that is there is Ethernet, which I don't even have, but I still get internet. Nothing is working, please help!

Ok so from what I can understand is that you're trying to connect to wifi on this "Windows 10 Virtual Machine" the thing is the Wifi adapter is connected to your local PC and you cannot emulate it in the virtual machine unless you have a wifi dongle. As for internet you should be provided with an internet connection through the locally connected network connection.

I personally don't have experience on Parallels desktop but this is essentially how it works on Vmware Workstation.You don't have Ethernet connected in reality but that's how windows recognizes the connection.If you have a network connection locally and the Ethernet icon is displayed in the virtual machine and you have an IP address I see no reason why it shouldn't work unless there's a misconfiguration in the network settings.

I believe TechGamer is correct - - FIRST get a WiFi connection to something (say google.com) on the mac and THEN launch Parallels and Windows inside that.

Back