Wiggy Laptop - Need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsdkellysr

Working on an HP Pavillion LAPTOP for a friend. Cleaned all the "dust and crud" out of it. It may very well be toast however this is what I get now - has mind of its own as it isn't doing any consistantly:
a. Power up - goes to black HP screen and shuts off.
b. Power up - hit f8 (sometimes it will allow me to go to safe mode) sometimes it locks or just shuts off as soon as you touch any buttons.
c. Power up - will go all the way to XP and alow you to move about and select items and then it just freezes.

One thing I have noticed - anytime I get it to where I can format the C Drive it will lock on me! Or if I get anywhere near a location where I can make changes - it will lock up so I have to completely shut down!

Once in a while it starts up telling me that a part of the system32 file is missing or corrupt - However I cannot get into it enough to get it to repair as it locks up.

I have attempted to reinstall XP - still same issue - if I try to R repair - locks up toatally.

I am wondering if this could be a virus or if it is most likely damage from it not being "maintained" and that the unit got too hot?
Any input will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back