Will any registration code work for my SupremeFx X-f?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

My Rampage Extreme board was replaced by Asus because they couldn't fix it. I do not have the code to register the soundcard software for the original board.

My question is if I order another driver disc that has the registration code on the sleeve, will it work with my new MB? Or is the code specific to each MB? If it is proprietary how do I get the right code to go with the new MB?

Asus customer support doesn't know and neither does tech support, each one blames the other!

Can anyone give me an idea what to do?

Thank you in advance,

Tinsby

Is the new motherboard the same model as the old? If it is, the old sound card software should work

Yes it's the same........ but

Is the new motherboard the same model as the old? If it is, the old sound card software should work

Yes,

The replacement board is a Rampage Extreme like the original one. But I never had the activation number for the soundcard software( i bought the board from a friend and he doesn't have the CD sleeve with the number on it)

I ordered another driver CD from Asus that will have a new number on the envelope. I am just hoping that number will work with the board they are sending me. It doesn't have updated drivers on it though, I'll have to get them from the webpage.

I was trying to determine if each activation number is proprietary to each board IE: When they send you a new board you get a number with that board........ will that number only work with THAT BOARD ALONE or will it work as long as no one else has registered it?

Thanks,

J T

I really think the CD registration is not necessary in the first place. It wouldn't hurt to try and use the old number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back