Will My Home Network Work?

Hi there,

I am new to home networking.

I am trying to connect 2 of my apartment with network as well as all my rooms.

I wonder if my networking will work in this way? Please advise if I need to change any devices.

Attachments

• Network.PNG
    Network.PNG
    40.4 KB · Views: 17
Hmm that diagram is most interesting - - and imo hard to determine what's what.

Try something like:
Code:
isp==modem/router --- wired --- ?
			  |
			  + - - - wifi - - ?

Yeah - it's too early in the morning for me to try to understand that so I just closed the image and decided to walk over to the coffee machine instead.

Hey Avboy. I agree with the others as I can't tell what is connected to what and don't understand the use of 3 routers :confused: . What would really help is a floorplan layout with the type of pc's in that room and if there are separate floors involved, where the Internet comes into the house, and which rooms require wireless capability maybe because of distance, devices used,etc.

To support multiple routers (wired) only use the WAN port of the first router
and daisy chain all the other Lan->Lan. This allows the first router to use DHCP and the others to ignore it and avoid NAT between then (totally unnecessary).

This image from here by me old 2010 network layout.. I need to put 2013 layout out soon.
model52010.jpg

Hi there,

I am new to home networking.

I am trying to connect 2 of my apartment with network as well as all my rooms.

I wonder if my networking will work in this way? Please advise if I need to change any devices.

I understood it perfectly fine. I am sure by now you have found a solution to your problem. But yes, It will work with one exception, the additional two routers. Save yourself the headache and just use another 4 port switch and a wireless access point. You do not need 3 DHCP servers, just one on the main router connected to the modem.

Back